Uploading obscenely large files

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Uploading obscenely large files

joe.trav
Hi,
  For some reason when I upload a very large file (15MB +) on a private
wiki, it doesn't work, but returns no error (neither on the Wiki or in
the Apache logs).  It just brings me back to the upload screen as if
nothing had occurred.  Nothing is shown in the upload log.

  I thought it might be a php.ini issue, but it isn't. (as I've had
fatal errors returned in the past - but I incremented both the upload
limit and the memory limit accordingly)

  Has anyone experienced similar behavior?
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Uploading obscenely large files

city wiki
Hi Joseph

in php.ini, you have to change this values

upload_max_filesize = 25M
post_max_size =25M
memory_limit = 8M

also in localsettings.php
ini_set( 'memory_limit', '20M' );

make all those values quite larger, restart apache and check.

good luck


2006/8/23, Travaglini, Joseph <[hidden email]>:

>
> Hi,
>   For some reason when I upload a very large file (15MB +) on a private
> wiki, it doesn't work, but returns no error (neither on the Wiki or in
> the Apache logs).  It just brings me back to the upload screen as if
> nothing had occurred.  Nothing is shown in the upload log.
>
>   I thought it might be a php.ini issue, but it isn't. (as I've had
> fatal errors returned in the past - but I incremented both the upload
> limit and the memory limit accordingly)
>
>   Has anyone experienced similar behavior?
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Uploading obscenely large files

Chris Earle (CBL)
Can someone confirm with me that I *have to* change my php.ini ?  Rather
than affect my entire server, I'd much rather just use ini_set in the
LocalSettings.php .....but that doesn't seem to be working!?

I have set memory_limit, post_max_size, and upload_max_filesize using
ini_set in the LocalSettings.php ...no change in trying to upload a 10mb
file.

shouldn't that command work?

suggestions appreciated,

Thanks

--
Chris



"city wiki" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...

> Hi Joseph
>
> in php.ini, you have to change this values
>
> upload_max_filesize = 25M
> post_max_size =25M
> memory_limit = 8M
>
> also in localsettings.php
> ini_set( 'memory_limit', '20M' );
>
> make all those values quite larger, restart apache and check.
>
> good luck
>
>
> 2006/8/23, Travaglini, Joseph
<[hidden email]>:

> >
> > Hi,
> >   For some reason when I upload a very large file (15MB +) on a private
> > wiki, it doesn't work, but returns no error (neither on the Wiki or in
> > the Apache logs).  It just brings me back to the upload screen as if
> > nothing had occurred.  Nothing is shown in the upload log.
> >
> >   I thought it might be a php.ini issue, but it isn't. (as I've had
> > fatal errors returned in the past - but I incremented both the upload
> > limit and the memory limit accordingly)
> >
> >   Has anyone experienced similar behavior?
> > _______________________________________________
> > MediaWiki-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
> >



_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Uploading obscenely large files

Justin Morgan-2
>Can someone confirm with me that I *have to* change my php.ini ?
Rather
>than affect my entire server, I'd much rather just use ini_set in the
>LocalSettings.php .....but that doesn't seem to be working!?
>
>I have set memory_limit, post_max_size, and upload_max_filesize using
>ini_set in the LocalSettings.php ...no change in trying to upload a
10mb
>file.
>
>shouldn't that command work?

Chris,

I can't say exactly why you're having trouble, but I can confirm that
all components in your technology stack need to support size X or
greater if you're uploading a file of that size.  MediaWiki runs on PHP,
so your php.ini must be configured to support those file sizes.  The
same goes for any Apache modules you may have installed.

-Justin
 
 
PRIVACY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of the information contained in this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email.
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l