Uploading video files

Ekompute .info
Hi, I have never uploaded any video files because it is rather big, compared
to video files. Now that I am into unlimited hosting, I just wanted to test
this feature out. I tried to upload a .mpg video file that is about 2.65MB
in size. The uploading was a breeze but how do I display the video? Do I
need additional software?

--
PM Poon

Re: Uploading video files

Laurent Savaete
You may want to look at the ogghandler extension, it works for sure
with free formats like ogg theora, not sure for others though.
It's used on wikipedia, so stable enough.

Cheers,
Laurent

On 6/1/10, Ekompute .info <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I have never uploaded any video files because it is rather big, compared
> to video files. Now that I am into unlimited hosting, I just wanted to test
> this feature out. I tried to upload a .mpg video file that is about 2.65MB
> in size. The uploading was a breeze but how do I display the video? Do I
> need additional software?
>
> --
> PM Poon

Re: Uploading video files

Dave butlerdi
In my experiences I am always better off uploading video to YouTube, Vimeo
or others and then just using extensions to display them.

On 1 June 2010 08:23, Laurent Savaete <[hidden email]>wrote:

> You may want to look at the ogghandler extension, it works for sure
> with free formats like ogg theora, not sure for others though.
> It's used on wikipedia, so stable enough.
>
> Cheers,
> Laurent
>
> On 6/1/10, Ekompute .info <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, I have never uploaded any video files because it is rather big,
> compared
> > to video files. Now that I am into unlimited hosting, I just wanted to
> test
> > this feature out. I tried to upload a .mpg video file that is about
> 2.65MB
> > in size. The uploading was a breeze but how do I display the video? Do I
> > need additional software?
> >
> > --
> > PM Poon

Regards

Dave Butler
butlerdi-at-pharm2phork-dot-org

Also on Skype as pharm2phork

Get Skype here http://www.skype.com/download.html

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Re: Uploading video files

Ekompute .info
Hi, thanks for the response. How do I convert a file from mpg to ogg?

PM Poon

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Laurent Savaete <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> You may want to look at the ogghandler extension, it works for sure
> with free formats like ogg theora, not sure for others though.
> It's used on wikipedia, so stable enough.
>
> Cheers,
> Laurent
>
> On 6/1/10, Ekompute .info <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, I have never uploaded any video files because it is rather big,
> compared
> > to video files. Now that I am into unlimited hosting, I just wanted to
> test
> > this feature out. I tried to upload a .mpg video file that is about
> 2.65MB
> > in size. The uploading was a breeze but how do I display the video? Do I
> > need additional software?
> >
> > --
> > PM Poon

PM Poon

Re: Uploading video files

Ekompute .info
Hi Dave, thanks for your response. Problem is the video files are
copyrighted and I am just archiving it for my own usage.

PM Poon

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Dave butlerdi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In my experiences I am always better off uploading video to YouTube, Vimeo
> or others and then just using extensions to display them.
>
> On 1 June 2010 08:23, Laurent Savaete <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > You may want to look at the ogghandler extension, it works for sure
> > with free formats like ogg theora, not sure for others though.
> > It's used on wikipedia, so stable enough.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Laurent
> >
> > On 6/1/10, Ekompute .info <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi, I have never uploaded any video files because it is rather big,
> > compared
> > > to video files. Now that I am into unlimited hosting, I just wanted to
> > test
> > > this feature out. I tried to upload a .mpg video file that is about
> > 2.65MB
> > > in size. The uploading was a breeze but how do I display the video? Do
> > > need additional software?
> > >
> > > --
> > > PM Poon

> Regards
>
> Dave Butler
> butlerdi-at-pharm2phork-dot-org
>
> Also on Skype as pharm2phork
>
> Get Skype here http://www.skype.com/download.html

> the system manager.

> www.mimesweeper.com

PM Poon

Re: Uploading video files

Dave butlerdi
There are several media converters if you google. You can also try
downloading the Adobe Media Encoder as a 30 trial. I believe this will
convert formats.

On 1 June 2010 08:32, Ekompute .info <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dave, thanks for your response. Problem is the video files are
> copyrighted and I am just archiving it for my own usage.
>
> PM Poon
>

> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Dave butlerdi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > In my experiences I am always better off uploading video to YouTube,
> Vimeo
> > or others and then just using extensions to display them.
> >
> > On 1 June 2010 08:23, Laurent Savaete <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > You may want to look at the ogghandler extension, it works for sure
> > > with free formats like ogg theora, not sure for others though.
> > > It's used on wikipedia, so stable enough.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Laurent

> > > compared
> > > test
> > > 2.65MB
> Do

> > Regards
> >
> > Dave Butler
> > butlerdi-at-pharm2phork-dot-org
> >
> > Also on Skype as pharm2phork
> >
> > Get Skype here http://www.skype.com/download.html

> > are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
> > the system manager.
> >
> > This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
> > MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
> >
> > www.mimesweeper.com

> PM Poon

Regards

Dave Butler
butlerdi-at-pharm2phork-dot-org

Also on Skype as pharm2phork

Get Skype here http://www.skype.com/download.html

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Re: Uploading video files

Ekompute .info
Hi thanks, I manage to find a free converter from mpg to ogg from Google.

PM Poon