Urgently need to reach Salmaan Haroon

Bishakha Datta
If anyone on this list can contact Salmaan Haroon and let him know he has a visa appointment with the Poland consulate at 1 pm today, I would be most grateful. This is for his visa to attend Wikimania.

See below.

If you do manage this, please let us know.

Thanks
Bishakha

Re: Urgently need to reach Salmaan Haroon

BalaSundaraRaman
Bishaka,

Where is Salmaan from? India, Bangladesh? If Dhaka, Bellayet can help. He seems to be online.

- Sundar

"That language is an instrument of human reason, and not merely a medium for the expression of thought, is a truth generally admitted."

--
Janusz "Ency" Dorożyński
Wikimania 2010 Gdansk ++ http://www.wikimania2010.pl

| Wysłane: niedziela, 4 lipiec 2010 23:49:23

Re: About small wikipediae

Eukesh Ranjit
I have received a message from Jimbo http://ne.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Eukesh&diff=59719&oldid=59290 here. I do not know whether this is something important or not. If it is, I would like to request the community to suggest me on matters considered to be of importance on the same.

Re: About small wikipediae

BalaSundaraRaman
It is Jimbo Wales himself. To my knowledge, once you respond, he actually follows up with a chat over Skype to understand better. (At least, he did that with a Tamil Wikipedian.) So, I guess this is a serious effort.

You can highlight the factors responsible for slow growth of many Indian language Wikis, what measures can help, and in what ways can the Wikimedia Foundation facilitate things.