User: adding some parameters.

Jean-Lou Dupont-4
Would it be possible to add all the properties to queries?
Of course, there are some security issues but what if there is a configuration parameter to gate this?
and what about only allowing certain properties to be queried by a user within a specific group?

jld.

Re: User: adding some parameters.

Yuri Astrakhan
I take it you ment the rc_id (recentchanges table) and log_id
(logevents table) fields in your other email.

The only security issue with exposing IDs I can think of is to be able
to detect when some event (row) has been added by looking at two
subsequent events and seeing a missing number. Unfortunatelly this is
already exposed for page ids, so I really see no reason to protect it
(unless Brion says otherwise :)).

I don't think most people will need it, so it will be an optional
...prop=ids value to show them.

Out of curiosity, how do you plan to usem them?

--Yuri