Username blacklist

Rob Church
Inspired by a post on wikitech-l, I've created a simple but powerful
(and, I hope, useful) extension which allows sysops to maintain a
blacklist of usernames through a system message.

The list supports pattern matching through regular expressions, and
the documentation should be sufficient for wiki owners with most
levels of experience. With luck, this will help cut down the offensive
usernames, etc. found on too many wikis.

It's fresh into CVS - extensions module, UsernameBlacklist folder.
Feedback welcome.

Rob Church

Re: Username blacklist

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 1/8/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Inspired by a post on wikitech-l, I've created a simple but powerful
> (and, I hope, useful) extension which allows sysops to maintain a
> blacklist of usernames through a system message.

Aah, you're reading my mind!  I recently ranted on this.. heh.  Nice.  =)

Now to dream up a bunch of rude words.  =p  I wonder if someone has a
wordlist or regex already built somewhere..

Re: Username blacklist

Alec Usticke
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 05:09:45 +0000, Rob Church <[hidden email]>
wrote in Message-ID <[hidden email]>:

> It's fresh into CVS - extensions module, UsernameBlacklist folder.

Can you please give a link? Where's CVS?

--
='''   Alec Usticke
c-OO   [hidden email]

Re: Username blacklist