Using the API on WikiData ?

Nicolas Vervelle-4
Hi,

Is it possible to use the API on WikiData, for example to remove or update some interwiki links ?
How do you do that ?

I'd like to create a few bot tools for deleting / renaming categories, and I'd need to update the interwiki on WikiData ?

Thanks
Nico

Re: Using the API on WikiData ?

Legoktm
Yes, you can find the auto-generated documentation at https://www.wikidata.org/w/api.php. Any action that starts with "wb" is a Wikidata-specific one.
The specific action for adding links would be wbsetsitelink, wblinktitles, or wbeditentity.
If possible, you should try and update the interwiki on Wikidata. You will need to request approval separately at https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:RFBOT though.
If you do have more specific questions, maybe we can answer them on the wikidata-l list :)

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Nicolas Vervelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to use the API on WikiData, for example to remove or update some interwiki links ?
How do you do that ?

I'd like to create a few bot tools for deleting / renaming categories, and I'd need to update the interwiki on WikiData ?

Thanks
Nico

Re: Using the API on WikiData ?

Nicolas Vervelle-4
Thanks,

I will look into the wb actions to find what I need :)

That would be nice to add some pointers to wikidata actions in the API documentation on http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API
I didn't find any pointer in there in the main page or in the navigation menu.

Nico

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM, legoktm <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Nicolas Vervelle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to use the API on WikiData, for example to remove or update
> some interwiki links ?
> How do you do that ?

While it doesn't apply to your use case (a bot), that reminds me that
we don't really have any documentation for using CORS.

So I wrote some:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Cross-site_requests . Please expand
it.

--