Using the one-step process with a multi-instance template

Using the one-step process with a multi-instance template

Mark A. Hershberger-4

Hey, all,

A user has asked me to forward the following question.  She included
some templates on an internal wiki but asked me not to spend too much
time on it.  I imagine I'll have to copy the work out to a public wiki,
but I thought I'd just post the question in case someone can answer it
right off.  Her (edited) question:

---

I'm attempting to create a partial form with multiple instances of a
template that can be used on multiple wiki pages.

So what I can't figure out is how to create a new entries without having
all of the other entries open for edit.  Once the list grows, that can
become a big issue.

I was thinking that if I used the 1-step process to define the page name
after the form is open, then that would work.  But I can't figure out
how to get the 1-step process to work using a multiple instance
template.

---

Thanks for any help,

Mark.

--
Mark A. Hershberger
NicheWork LLC

Re: Using the one-step process with a multi-instance template

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

First of all, if anyone is wondering what this is all about, this question
relates to the Page Forms extension.

Various people have asked about an input that just adds an additional
instance to a multiple-instance template. Unfortunately, that's not
possible - there's no way yet to edit a multiple-instance template in a
form without showing all the instances.

(I don't see how the one-step process ties into this - that's just a way to
create new pages.)

What I can suggest instead is using a spreadsheet-style interface for
editing that multiple-instance template - which should run a lot faster if
there are a lot of instances. You can read about it here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Page_Forms/Defining_forms#Spreadsheet-style_editing

-Yaron