VE submodule path update

James Montalvo
Could this change [1] be backported to VE release branches (REL1_32,
REL1_31, etc)? Without it initializing submodules fails due to the gerrit
path change. This may affect other extensions/projects as well, but this VE
error has been reported to me by several people. Until recently it had only
happened within within specific cloud hosting environments, but now I just
got the failure within Travis CI [2] which worked fine yesterday.

[1]
https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-VisualEditor/commit/6f6d80416a663a2963cc26da825409c5e005df0b

[2]
https://travis-ci.org/enterprisemediawiki/meza/jobs/540726316#L2646-L2652

Thanks,
James

Re: VE submodule path update

Bartosz Dziewoński
Yeah, probably!

For what it's worth, the REL1_31 branches etc. still work fine for me (I
just tried cloning VE from scratch using REL1_31). I only get a message
like "warning: redirecting to ..." when cloning/pulling. I wonder if you
might be using an older Git version or something?

--
Bartosz Dziewoński

Re: VE submodule path update

Bartosz Dziewoński
It has now been backported [1] to the currently supported MediaWiki
branches: REL1_27, REL1_31 and REL1_32 [2].

[1]
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/q/I61a5e68e74176f9f25bddf154eb100b224a018f5
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle

--