Vandalism instance

Matt
Hi!
I wanted to point out a single instance of vandalism on the following
page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Gris

The infobox contains the following line:

| awards        = he married 4 potatoes

The last recorded instance of this page that doesn't contain this
vandalism had the following line instead:

| awards        =

I would have fixed this myself, but I use Tor, so I am unable to do so.
Thanks.

Matt Pagan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Futuristcorporation

Re: Vandalism instance

James Alexander-3
Thanks Matt, it looks like someone got it before I could. I imagine you
know already but, just in case, if you find yourself wanting to edit
frequently from tor you may want to consider asking for
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IP_block_exemption on your account.
Not the simplest for sure but may life easier so you don't have to worry
about it.

James

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Matt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
> I wanted to point out a single instance of vandalism on the following
> page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Gris
>
> The infobox contains the following line:
>
> | awards        = he married 4 potatoes
>
> The last recorded instance of this page that doesn't contain this
> vandalism had the following line instead:
>
> | awards        =
>
> I would have fixed this myself, but I use Tor, so I am unable to do so.
> Thanks.
>

> Matt Pagan
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Futuristcorporation

Re: Vandalism instance

Matt
Hi James,
Thanks for responding. I apologize if this mailing list is the wrong
place for this, but I'm having trouble with the English Wikipedia
Unblock Ticket Request System. I submitted an unblock request, which
was accpeted, but now I'm having trouble with the email confirmation.
When I copy into my browser the link I received from the automated email
response, I face the following message:

The action you requested could not be performed: Please use the link
provided to you in your email to access this page. This security step
assures us that we are still talking to the same person. Thank you.

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed from here. It
would make me quite sad if my unblock request was not looked at
becuase I could not get past the email confirmation link.

> Thanks Matt, it looks like someone got it before I could. I imagine
> you know already but, just in case, if you find yourself wanting to
> edit
> frequently from tor you may want to consider asking for
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IP_block_exemption on your
> account. Not the simplest for sure but may life easier so you don't
> have to worry about it.
>
> James
>

> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Matt <matt at pagan.io> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I wanted to point out a single instance of vandalism on the
> > following
> > page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Gris
> >
> > The infobox contains the following line:
> >
> > | awards        = he married 4 potatoes
> >
> > The last recorded instance of this page that doesn't contain this
> > vandalism had the following line instead:
> >
> > | awards        =
> >
> > I would have fixed this myself, but I use Tor, so I am unable to do
> > so. Thanks.
> >

> > Matt Pagan
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Futuristcorporation

Re: Vandalism instance

Martijn Hoekstra
On Nov 12, 2013 10:07 PM, "Matt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi James,
> Thanks for responding. I apologize if this mailing list is the wrong
> place for this, but I'm having trouble with the English Wikipedia
> Unblock Ticket Request System. I submitted an unblock request, which
> was accpeted, but now I'm having trouble with the email confirmation.
> When I copy into my browser the link I received from the automated email
> response, I face the following message:
>
> The action you requested could not be performed: Please use the link
> provided to you in your email to access this page. This security step
> assures us that we are still talking to the same person. Thank you.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed from here. It
> would make me quite sad if my unblock request was not looked at
> becuase I could not get past the email confirmation link.

At the moment utrs is transferring from the toolserver to labs. That
shouldn't make a difference, but maybe it did. Could you try requesting a
new confirmation link by opening a new ticket on utrs? If it fails again,
feel free to come back to this list.

On Nov 12, 2013 10:07 PM, "Matt" <matt at pagan.io> wrote:

>> Hi James,
>> Thanks for responding. I apologize if this mailing list is the wrong
>> place for this, but I'm having trouble with the English Wikipedia
>> Unblock Ticket Request System. I submitted an unblock request, which
>> was accpeted, but now I'm having trouble with the email confirmation.
>> When I copy into my browser the link I received from the automated
>> email response, I face the following message:
>>
>> The action you requested could not be performed: Please use the link
>> provided to you in your email to access this page. This security step
>> assures us that we are still talking to the same person. Thank you.
>>
>> I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed from here.
>> It would make me quite sad if my unblock request was not looked at
>> becuase I could not get past the email confirmation link.
>
> At the moment utrs is transferring from the toolserver to labs. That
> shouldn't make a difference, but maybe it did. Could you try
> requesting a new confirmation link by opening a new ticket on utrs?
> If it fails again, feel free to come back to this list.

Thanks Martijn:

I just submitted my unblock request a second time and received the same
error message when I followed the link in my email:

The action you requested could not be performed: Please use the link
provided to you in your email to access this page. This security step
assures us that we are still talking to the same person. Thank you.

P.S.: I tried not to break the thread this time. Hopefully it worked.

Matt Pagan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Futuristcorporation

Re: Vandalism instance

Akhil Mulgaonker
you are all idiots and little bitches fucking bastards. nazis

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Matt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2013 10:07 PM, "Matt" <matt at pagan.io> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi James,
> >> Thanks for responding. I apologize if this mailing list is the wrong
> >> place for this, but I'm having trouble with the English Wikipedia
> >> Unblock Ticket Request System. I submitted an unblock request, which
> >> was accpeted, but now I'm having trouble with the email confirmation.
> >> When I copy into my browser the link I received from the automated
> >> email response, I face the following message:
> >>
> >> The action you requested could not be performed: Please use the link
> >> provided to you in your email to access this page. This security step
> >> assures us that we are still talking to the same person. Thank you.
> >>
> >> I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed from here.
> >> It would make me quite sad if my unblock request was not looked at
> >> becuase I could not get past the email confirmation link.
> >
> > At the moment utrs is transferring from the toolserver to labs. That
> > shouldn't make a difference, but maybe it did. Could you try
> > requesting a new confirmation link by opening a new ticket on utrs?
> > If it fails again, feel free to come back to this list.
>
> Thanks Martijn:
>
> I just submitted my unblock request a second time and received the same
> error message when I followed the link in my email:
>
> The action you requested could not be performed: Please use the link
> provided to you in your email to access this page. This security step
> assures us that we are still talking to the same person. Thank you.
>

> P.S.: I tried not to break the thread this time. Hopefully it worked.
>
> Matt Pagan
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Futuristcorporation

*AKHIL MULGAONKER *

Re: Vandalism instance

Kevin Gorman
thanks for the note, brah. your input is much appreciated and appropriately
filed.

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Akhil Mulgaonker <[hidden email]>wrote:

> you are all idiots and little bitches fucking bastards. nazis

> > > At the moment utrs is transferring from the toolserver to labs. That
> > > shouldn't make a difference, but maybe it did. Could you try
> > > requesting a new confirmation link by opening a new ticket on utrs?
> > > If it fails again, feel free to come back to this list.
> >
> > Thanks Martijn:
> >
> > I just submitted my unblock request a second time and received the same
> > error message when I followed the link in my email:
> >
> > The action you requested could not be performed: Please use the link
> > provided to you in your email to access this page. This security step
> > assures us that we are still talking to the same person. Thank you.
> >

> > P.S.: I tried not to break the thread this time. Hopefully it worked.
> >
> > Matt Pagan
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Futuristcorporation

> *AKHIL MULGAONKER *

Re: Vandalism instance

Nathan Awrich
Clearly high-tech moderation in play here :P