Verison 0.7 Installation Problem

Paul R Davis
I have an instance of version 0.6 running that I would like to upgrade to version 0.7, but I am missing something from the directions that is making my semantic wiki not work.

I went and built a fresh version of mediawiki v1.10 as not to impact my current wiki and I believe I am following the INSTALL directions, but something is not right?

My environment is as noted from Special:Version

* MediaWiki: 1.10.0
* PHP: 5.1.6 (apache2handler)
* MySQL: 5.0.27

My develpment server uses an internal IP address we will use 193.168.3.125 as an example.

I have added the package to the /extensions folder and have a copy of rdfapi-php in the libs folder. I just extracted it and let it name the folder as root so its /var/www/html/wiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki

I have added the following lines to the LocalSettings.php

include_once('extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/SMW_Settings.php');
$smwgIQDefaultLinking = 'all';
enableSemantics('192.168.3.125');

When I do this I get a white blank screen.

On this clean build I have the following other extensions enabled and working
require_once ("$IP/extensions/StringFunctions/StringFunctions.php");
require_once("extensions/inputbox.php");
require_once( "{$IP}/extensions/Cite/Cite.php" );
require_once( "{$IP}/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php" );

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to modify SMW_Settings.php?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

Re: Verison 0.7 Installation Problem

S Page
Paul R Davis wrote:

> When I do this [standard installation steps] I get a white blank screen.

On all pages?  If you load Special:Version what displays?

> What am I doing wrong?

As I suggested to Greg Wilson, if it's not the restrictive memory
setting problem mentioned in the INSTALL document's FAQ section, then I
don't know.  Turn on debugging (try
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/How_to_debug_MediaWiki ) and you should
see something in the log.

> Do I need to modify SMW_Settings.php?

In 0.7 normally you need not.

--
=S Page

Re: Verison 0.7 Installation Problem

Paul R Davis
Yes I get a blank page when I load Special:Version.  I have enable logging,
but that has not shed any light to my error.

The culprit line is enableSemantics('192.168.3.125');

If I add this alone I don't see any of the SMW pages so it not seeing the
extension
include_once('extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/SMW_Settings.php');

When I add these two together I get the blank page?
include_once('extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/SMW_Settings.php');
enableSemantics('192.168.3.125');

Thoughts,

Paul Davis
Email: [hidden email]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S Page <[hidden email]> wrote on 05/22/2007 05:11:22 PM:

> Paul R Davis wrote:
>
> > When I do this [standard installation steps] I get a white blank
screen.

> On all pages?  If you load Special:Version what displays?
>
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> As I suggested to Greg Wilson, if it's not the restrictive memory
> setting problem mentioned in the INSTALL document's FAQ section, then I
> don't know.  Turn on debugging (try
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/How_to_debug_MediaWiki ) and you should
> see something in the log.
>
> > Do I need to modify SMW_Settings.php?
>
> In 0.7 normally you need not.
>
> --
> =S Page

Re: Verison 0.7 Installation Problem

malena
HI,

I have a similar problem. I am using windows, mediawiki 1.10. Apache 2.2 and PHP5.2
When I add the two following lines to LocalSettings.php I get a blank page when I do http://localhost/mediawiki.

include_once('/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/SMW_Settings.php');
enableSemantics('15.9.78.60');

If I take these lines out of LocalSettings.php, my mediawiki opens up with no problems.

Any ideas?

-malena

Paul R Davis wrote
Yes I get a blank page when I load Special:Version.  I have enable logging,
but that has not shed any light to my error.

The culprit line is enableSemantics('192.168.3.125');

If I add this alone I don't see any of the SMW pages so it not seeing the
extension
include_once('extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/SMW_Settings.php');

When I add these two together I get the blank page?
include_once('extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/SMW_Settings.php');
enableSemantics('192.168.3.125');

Thoughts,

Paul Davis
Email: pdavis39@csc.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S Page <skierpage@earthlink.net> wrote on 05/22/2007 05:11:22 PM:

> Paul R Davis wrote:
>
> > When I do this [standard installation steps] I get a white blank
screen.

> On all pages?  If you load Special:Version what displays?
>
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> As I suggested to Greg Wilson, if it's not the restrictive memory
> setting problem mentioned in the INSTALL document's FAQ section, then I
> don't know.  Turn on debugging (try
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/How_to_debug_MediaWiki ) and you should
> see something in the log.
>
> > Do I need to modify SMW_Settings.php?
>
> In 0.7 normally you need not.
>
> --
> =S Page

Re: Verison 0.7 Installation Problem

gannq
 > include_once('/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/
SMW_Settings.php');
 > enableSemantics('15.9.78.60');
 >
 > If I take these lines out of LocalSettings.php, my mediawiki opens
up with
 > no problems.

1 - What are the PHP errors generated in your Apache log?
B - What happens when you replace '15.9.78.60' with 'localhost'?

Trevor