[Video] Semantic MediaWiki 1.9 install using Composer

[Video] Semantic MediaWiki 1.9 install using Composer

James HK
Hi,

I had some spare minutes on my hand so I thought I'd make a quick
video [1] that explains in plain and simple terms on "how to" install
Semantic MediaWiki 1.9 using Composer.

SMW 1.9 only requires three steps in order to be full functional:

# 1 Install MediaWiki
# 2 Add composer require mediawiki/semantic-media-wiki @dev
# 3 Run php update.php

The videos show an out-of-the box MW 1.22 installation with no
additional settings required in LocalSettings. Of course if you need
to adjust some of the default settings then this has to been done
after the installation.

The installation of Semantic Result Formats can be viewed in a
separate video [2].

I hope the videos are helpful to some users.

PS: @dev is being used as no official release have been made in
connection with SMW 1.9 and composer.

PSS: For an upgrade guideline, see [3].

[1] https://vimeo.com/82255034

[2] https://vimeo.com/82258857

[3] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Help_talk:Installation/MW_1.22_and_SMW_1.9beta_install/upgrade

Cheers

Re: [Video] Semantic MediaWiki 1.9 install using Composer

planetenxin
James,

thanks for creating and sharing the videos!

/Alexander

Am 19.12.2013 12:14, schrieb James HK:

> Hi,
>
> I had some spare minutes on my hand so I thought I'd make a quick
> video [1] that explains in plain and simple terms on "how to" install
> Semantic MediaWiki 1.9 using Composer.
>
> SMW 1.9 only requires three steps in order to be full functional:
>
> # 1 Install MediaWiki
> # 2 Add composer require mediawiki/semantic-media-wiki @dev
> # 3 Run php update.php
>
> The videos show an out-of-the box MW 1.22 installation with no
> additional settings required in LocalSettings. Of course if you need
> to adjust some of the default settings then this has to been done
> after the installation.
>
> The installation of Semantic Result Formats can be viewed in a
> separate video [2].
>
> I hope the videos are helpful to some users.
>
> PS: @dev is being used as no official release have been made in
> connection with SMW 1.9 and composer.
>
> PSS: For an upgrade guideline, see [3].
>
> [1] https://vimeo.com/82255034
>
> [2] https://vimeo.com/82258857
>
> [3] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Help_talk:Installation/MW_1.22_and_SMW_1.9beta_install/upgrade
>
> Cheers

semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com

Re: [Video] Semantic MediaWiki 1.9 install using Composer

Jeroen De Dauw-2
Hey,

Very nice! Love the tagcloud :)

Cheers