Video at WikiConference USA

Pine W

Hi conference-goers,

I have access to 2 video-capable cameras that I can bring, but

1. One of them will need a high capacity memory card, preferably at least 32 GB, and UHS-I or UHS-II.

2. Both of them will need tripods. I have a tripod but packing it into my luggage would be a problem.

Is there anyone who could loan the memory card and/or tripods?

I believe that there will be some official video at the conference, but I'm not sure if that will extend to every session, so I'm planning to bring these two. I've contacted James but because time is running short I'm posting here also.

Thanks!
Pine

Re: Video at WikiConference USA

Andrew Lih-2
Pine, to my knowledge, anything in the main big hall will be live streamed and (I hope!) recorded by default, since it seems to be via YouTube. See: http://aotus.blogs.archives.gov/2015/10/02/national-archives-hosts-wikiconference-usa/

For the smaller venues, I'm not sure what's happening. I'm planning to bring my small camcorder that I used for Wikimania 2015 recording and a digital audio recorder for better audio so I can record one session at a time.

I can bring at least two other tripods along if you want to use them. I usually use Arca Swiss type mounts for them, so if you happen to have plates for those, you're welcome to use it. Otherwise, you can simply screw them on and use them that way.

Here are the tripods:
- Sony VCT-R640
- Manfrotto 732CY

I should have another 32 Gbyte card available for you to use, Class 10. We should probably think of a way to consolidate all this footage somewhere, so I do have an extra 1 terabyte drive we could make use of.

-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi conference-goers,

I have access to 2 video-capable cameras that I can bring, but

1. One of them will need a high capacity memory card, preferably at least 32 GB, and UHS-I or UHS-II.

2. Both of them will need tripods. I have a tripod but packing it into my luggage would be a problem.

Is there anyone who could loan the memory card and/or tripods?

I believe that there will be some official video at the conference, but I'm not sure if that will extend to every session, so I'm planning to bring these two. I've contacted James but because time is running short I'm posting here also.

Thanks!
Pine

Re: Video at WikiConference USA

James Hare-3