Virtual Wiknic planning for Aug 16

Pharos-3
Hi Wiki-Americans,

I've added some ideas for the virtual Wiknic here, for Sunday August 16::

*Community history of the Great American Wiknic
*A cultural exploration of picnics, knowledge and society
*Food and cooking demonstrations, share your own local specialties
*Introduction to regional Wikimedia chapters and usergroups
*Breakout sessions for different regions and cities
*Call in from from a local park or natural site and share it on the video stream
*Pub-style quiz

And here is the proposal for the centralnotice banner, if you'd like to chime in there:

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Re: Virtual Wiknic planning for Aug 16

Pharos-3
I wanted to share the basic plan for Sunday, which is a national Wiknic broadcast on Youtube etc at 3pm Eastern, regional community breakouts on Zoom and other platforms at 4pm Eastern (where chapters and usergroups might be interested in hosting them), and perhaps an optional global text chat at the end of that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiknic#Great_American_Wiknic_virtual_edition_2020

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 11:47 PM Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Wiki-Americans,

I've added some ideas for the virtual Wiknic here, for Sunday August 16::

*Community history of the Great American Wiknic
*A cultural exploration of picnics, knowledge and society
*Food and cooking demonstrations, share your own local specialties
*Introduction to regional Wikimedia chapters and usergroups
*Breakout sessions for different regions and cities
*Call in from from a local park or natural site and share it on the video stream
*Pub-style quiz

And here is the proposal for the centralnotice banner, if you'd like to chime in there:

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Re: Virtual Wiknic planning for Aug 16

Pharos-3
We'd like to encourage all your regional WALRUS usergroups to help host a video breakout room on Sunday, see more information and sign up here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Wiknic#Aug_16_Regional_usergroup_breakout_rooms

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 2:50 PM Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

We also have an optional RSVP on the talk page:

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 2:39 PM Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Danielle Colbert-Lewis
Hello Richard,
Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Due to schedules, no one was able to participate in my user group. I will pop in to see the event.

Best,
Danielle

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 12:24 PM Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

[hidden email]
(412) 999-1702