Volunteers needed for the Wikimania Program Team

Volunteers needed for the Wikimania Program Team

Angela-5
This is a call for volunteers to join the Program Team for Wikimania
2006 <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006>, the second
international Wikimedia conference, to be held in Boston this August.

The Program Team are responsible for creating the program, inviting
keynote speakers, reviewing proposals for presentations, workshops,
and papers, organizing the speakers when they arrive at the
conference, and related tasks.

A call for papers
<http://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/Call_for_papers> was recently
distributed, so we are looking for people willing to help review these
papers as they arrive in Indico <http://cfp.wikimania.wikimedia.org/>.

Please add yourself to
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Program_Team> if you
can help.

I am sending this to all project lists since I'm especially trying to
find 3 more people for the theme of "Wikimedia projects and content".

Angela.

--
Angela Beesley

Re: Volunteers needed for the Wikimania Program Team

KIZU Naoko
Hello all,

On 2/23/06, Angela <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is a call for volunteers to join the Program Team for Wikimania
> 2006 <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006>, the second
> international Wikimedia conference, to be held in Boston this August.

[omitted]
> A call for papers
> <http://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/Call_for_papers> was recently
> distributed, so we are looking for people willing to help review these
> papers as they arrive in Indico <http://cfp.wikimania.wikimedia.org/>.

Though you can't have time or any other things you feel to need, you
can also help Wikimania team to help CfP and Call for participation
distribution.

Last year, we translated CfP and other info into many languages -
almost ten when the site was launched. Expectedly, those bunch of
information will be available in languages as many as last year.

The translation team has been going on meta platform.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/Wikimania

Now there are two documents requested for translation (one is long,
another is very short)

If you joined the last year team, consider to be back.
If you were not then, consider to join us.

I assure - it will be fun ;-)

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com