Voter Decision Support Systems Wikipedia Article

Voter Decision Support Systems Wikipedia Article

Adam Sobieski
Wikitech-l,

Greetings. Recently, a discussion started with respect to deleting a Wikipedia page, Voter decision support system. The technologies of voter decision support systems are new. Pertinent Web standards are being advanced at the W3C Voter Decision Support Community Group (https://www.w3.org/community/voter-decision-support/).

As to why we don’t already have voter decision support system software applications, as to why voters in modern democracies are not already supported with state-of-the-art software applications during and between election seasons, I indicate that a number of us are working on Web standards and schema to facilitate the development of such software applications. We can hope that software developers worldwide will find convenience from the standards and schema work underway at the W3C and IPTC.

I wanted to bring the matter to your attention, to invite each of you to review the article, to invite each of you to observe the new W3C Community Group, and to invite each of you join the debate with respect to whether the encyclopedia article should be deleted: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Voter_decision_support_system .

Thank you,
Adam Sobieski

Re: Voter Decision Support Systems Wikipedia Article

Max Semenik
This is a technical mailing list, please don't recruit meatpuppets here.

On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 3:36 PM Adam Sobieski <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Wikitech-l,
>
> Greetings. Recently, a discussion started with respect to deleting a
> Wikipedia page, Voter decision support system. The technologies of voter
> decision support systems are new. Pertinent Web standards are being
> advanced at the W3C Voter Decision Support Community Group (
> https://www.w3.org/community/voter-decision-support/).
>
> As to why we don’t already have voter decision support system software
> applications, as to why voters in modern democracies are not already
> supported with state-of-the-art software applications during and between
> election seasons, I indicate that a number of us are working on Web
> standards and schema to facilitate the development of such software
> applications. We can hope that software developers worldwide will find
> convenience from the standards and schema work underway at the W3C and IPTC.
>
> I wanted to bring the matter to your attention, to invite each of you to
> review the article, to invite each of you to observe the new W3C Community
> Group, and to invite each of you join the debate with respect to whether
> the encyclopedia article should be deleted:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Voter_decision_support_system
> .
>

> Thank you,
> Adam Sobieski

Best regards,
Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

Re: Voter Decision Support Systems Wikipedia Article

Andre Klapper-2
Hi Adam,

On Tue, 2019-01-01 at 23:36 +0000, Adam Sobieski wrote:
> I wanted to [...] invite each of you join the debate with
> respect to whether the encyclopedia article should be deleted

Discussions of a Wikipedia community whether an article should be kept
are off-topic for this list. Please refrain from such postings here.

Thanks!
andre
--
Andre Klapper | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Voter Decision Support Systems Wikipedia Article

Adam Sobieski
Andre,

Thank you. I wasn’t sure where else to find technically proficient individuals interested in the quality of Wikipedia and its technical articles and also knowledgeable of the specific Wikipedia policy items raised by the Wikipedia user Rosguill. I made a note that postings about Wikipedia articles under consideration for deletion are not topical to this mailing list.

Best regards,

Adam