Votes/Seat - ...and the winner is...

Manuel Schneider [Everything Open]
Hi,

as the voting for the seat of Wikimedia CH closed yesterday we have come to
the following election:

- The seat of Wikimedia CH will be Zurich.
- Wikimedia CH will get a "Fester Vereinsadresse" which acts as a redirection
of all postal mail to the president or other who is in charge of receiving
and handling the mail of Wikimedia CH.
- As far as already discussed this will be - until another decision / election
of the board has taken place - Michael Bimmler.

For that, I ask the preliminary board - named Nando Stoecklin and Michael
Bimmler - to accomplish the vote and to take the necessary measures.

Thanks,

Manuel

PS: I hope that the fairly formal text above is adequate to be used directly
in the resolution.
PPS: It would be advisable to block [[Votes/Seat]].
All-Things-Open Projektgruppe

[hidden email]
http://www.all-things-open.org/

Re: Votes/Seat - ...and the winner is...

Frédéric Schütz
Manuel Schneider [Everything Open] wrote:

> - The seat of Wikimedia CH will be Zurich.
> - Wikimedia CH will get a "Fester Vereinsadresse" which acts as a redirection
> of all postal mail to the president or other who is in charge of receiving
> and handling the mail of Wikimedia CH.

Just to make things clear... the _seat_ of Wikimedia CH is _not_ Zürich;
it is where the President lives, according to the bylaws (§1.2) --- the
vote was only about the postal address.

I know that this may sound like nitpicking, and I am sorry if someone
feels like it is; but it has been mentioned that we need to have a sound
legal grounding, and since we speak several different languages (and for
most of us, English is a second language), it is better if we make sure
that we agree exactly on what we are talking about.

Frédéric

Re: Votes/Seat - ...and the winner is...

Manuel Schneider [Everything Open]
> Just to make things clear... the _seat_ of Wikimedia CH is _not_ Zürich;
> it is where the President lives, according to the bylaws (§1.2) --- the
> vote was only about the postal address.
ok, you're right.

Manuel
All-Things-Open Projektgruppe

[hidden email]
http://www.all-things-open.org/

Re: Votes/Seat - ...and the winner is...

Michael Bimmler
On 3/24/06, Manuel Schneider [Everything Open]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just to make things clear... the _seat_ of Wikimedia CH is _not_ Zürich;
> > it is where the President lives, according to the bylaws (§1.2) --- the
> > vote was only about the postal address.
> ok, you're right.

Yes, I think as well, this should be clarified like that.

> Manuel
Michael

> All-Things-Open Projektgruppe
>
> [hidden email]