WALRUS calls future scheduling

Pharos-3
Hi Wiki-Americans,

It's been a bit difficult and unpredictable to schedule the WALRUS calls by Doodle poll every month.

Historically, people tend to vote the most for Monday and (somewhat less) for Tuesday evenings.

How about we adopt a regular schedule, like recurring on the second Monday of every month?

E.g. for the rest of the year, July 9, August 13, September 10, October 8, November 12, December 10

We could also alternate Mondays and Tuesdays, but that seems overcomplicated.

We can also change the date some months when that day is inconvenient (a holiday or other conflict), but at least by setting a regular schedule, we have a baseline and can plan things out for a while in advance.

Thanks,
Richard / Pharos

Re: WALRUS calls future scheduling

Jackie Koerner
Love the idea!

Best,

Jackie

--
Jackie Koerner, Ph.D.
Researcher & Visiting Scholar

On Jun 7, 2018, at 9:45 PM, Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Wiki-Americans,

It's been a bit difficult and unpredictable to schedule the WALRUS calls by Doodle poll every month.

Historically, people tend to vote the most for Monday and (somewhat less) for Tuesday evenings.

How about we adopt a regular schedule, like recurring on the second Monday of every month?

E.g. for the rest of the year, July 9, August 13, September 10, October 8, November 12, December 10

We could also alternate Mondays and Tuesdays, but that seems overcomplicated.

We can also change the date some months when that day is inconvenient (a holiday or other conflict), but at least by setting a regular schedule, we have a baseline and can plan things out for a while in advance.

Thanks,
Richard / Pharos

Re: WALRUS calls future scheduling

FULBERT-2
I agree that Monday nights work best.

What time?

I think the last time we met, which was 9:00pm EDT, seemed to work nicely...

-----

With Incredulity toward Metanarratives,

Jeffrey
User:FULBERT
[hidden email]

> On Jun 7, 2018, at 10:45 PM, Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Wiki-Americans,
>
> It's been a bit difficult and unpredictable to schedule the WALRUS calls by Doodle poll every month.
>
> Historically, people tend to vote the most for Monday and (somewhat less) for Tuesday evenings.
>
> How about we adopt a regular schedule, like recurring on the second Monday of every month?
>
> E.g. for the rest of the year, July 9, August 13, September 10, October 8, November 12, December 10
>
> We could also alternate Mondays and Tuesdays, but that seems overcomplicated.
>
> We can also change the date some months when that day is inconvenient (a holiday or other conflict), but at least by setting a regular schedule, we have a baseline and can plan things out for a while in advance.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard / Pharos

Re: WALRUS calls future scheduling

Stephen LaPorte
Richard,

I think it's a nice idea. I think Monday or Tuesday would be great. I would personally prefer an hour later (10:00 PM EDT) if possible, but I can usually make the current time too.

Best,
Stephen

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 8:25 PM FULBERT <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree that Monday nights work best.

What time?

I think the last time we met, which was 9:00pm EDT, seemed to work nicely...

-----

With Incredulity toward Metanarratives,

Jeffrey
User:FULBERT
[hidden email]

> On Jun 7, 2018, at 10:45 PM, Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Wiki-Americans,
>
> It's been a bit difficult and unpredictable to schedule the WALRUS calls by Doodle poll every month.
>
> Historically, people tend to vote the most for Monday and (somewhat less) for Tuesday evenings.
>
> How about we adopt a regular schedule, like recurring on the second Monday of every month?
>
> E.g. for the rest of the year, July 9, August 13, September 10, October 8, November 12, December 10
>
> We could also alternate Mondays and Tuesdays, but that seems overcomplicated.
>
> We can also change the date some months when that day is inconvenient (a holiday or other conflict), but at least by setting a regular schedule, we have a baseline and can plan things out for a while in advance.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard / Pharos

Stephen LaPorte
Legal Director
Wikimedia Foundation

NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal and ethical reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer.

Re: WALRUS calls future scheduling

Paula Kate Marmor
A regular schedule makes sense to me.

Paula
User:PKM

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 9:13 AM Stephen LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
Richard,

I think it's a nice idea. I think Monday or Tuesday would be great. I would personally prefer an hour later (10:00 PM EDT) if possible, but I can usually make the current time too.

Egulat Best,
Stephen
Answered to me