[[WM2008]] Scholarship submission deadline

[[WM2008]] Scholarship submission deadline

Cary Bass-3

Re: [[WM2008]] Scholarship submission deadline

Ayelie (Editor at Large)
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Cary Bass <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just as a quick note, the Wikimania 2008 scholarship deadline will be
> April 21, at 23:59 (UTC).  If you are applying for a scholarship, please
> have it submitted by then.
>
> Scholarship information may be found at
> <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships>.
>
> Cary Bass
> Volunteer Coordinator

Thanks for the reminder, Cary...  are we supposed to/can we get email
notifications that our applications went through? It would be a great
disappointment if someone got left out because of a server or net glitch and
didn't know until after the deadline had passed.

--Ayelie

Re: [[WM2008]] Scholarship submission deadline

KIZU Naoko
As far as I know, the mail notification of submission receipt may come
within a minute.
If you don't get it, it may be a glitch. Try it again or contact the
team as soon as possible, I recommend.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Ayelie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Cary Bass <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > Just as a quick note, the Wikimania 2008 scholarship deadline will be
>  > April 21, at 23:59 (UTC).  If you are applying for a scholarship, please
>  > have it submitted by then.
>  >
>  > Scholarship information may be found at
>  > <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships>.
>  >
>  > Cary Bass
>  > Volunteer Coordinator
>

>  Thanks for the reminder, Cary...  are we supposed to/can we get email
>  notifications that our applications went through? It would be a great
>  disappointment if someone got left out because of a server or net glitch and
>  didn't know until after the deadline had passed.
>
>  --Ayelie

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: [[WM2008]] Scholarship submission deadline

Majorly
On 18/04/2008, Ayelie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Cary Bass <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Just as a quick note, the Wikimania 2008 scholarship deadline will be
> > April 21, at 23:59 (UTC).  If you are applying for a scholarship, please
> > have it submitted by then.
> >
> > Scholarship information may be found at
> > <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships>.
> >
> > Cary Bass
> > Volunteer Coordinator
>

> Thanks for the reminder, Cary...  are we supposed to/can we get email
> notifications that our applications went through? It would be a great
> disappointment if someone got left out because of a server or net glitch
> and
> didn't know until after the deadline had passed.
>
> --Ayelie

Indeed, I got a notification soon after I submitted.

--
Alex (Majorly)

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Majorly

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As far as I know, the mail notification of submission receipt may come
> within a minute.
> If you don't get it, it may be a glitch. Try it again or contact the
> team as soon as possible, I recommend.

Argh. Thanks Aphaia and Majorly... it is a good thing I asked, then, I
suppose! I submitted mine on the first day submissions were open, and I am
98% sure the email address I put in was right. I'll contact the committee
and ensure my information was received, thank you :)

--Ayelie