[WMCON 2014] Chapters should step-in software development

[WMCON 2014] Chapters should step-in software development

Emmanuel Engelhart-4
Hi,

I was invited last WE at the Wikimedia conference in Berlin to speak
about software development projects in our movement.

My focus was to motivate small chapters to take a bigger part in that
part of our movement and to give them a few tips to start such a
strategy (although they don't have a lot of money/know-how).

My feeling after this weekend:
* Most of the smaller chapters deal with other more basic problems
* A few older/bigger chapters do stuff but suffer of a lack of
coordination and might be interested by the "tech committee" idea.
* Within the biggest chapters group (but excluding WMDE, which already
has a clear strategy), this is a topic in particular for WMCH and WMUK.

Here are the documents related to my presentation:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimedia_Conference_2014_-_Software_development_projects

Regards
Emmanuel

--