WMF mission

KIZU Naoko
Now the home page of its website says,
"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment."

Is it a final version we can call for translators (at least for website)?

Besides that, one day I found a question about that on feedback page.
An anonymous inquirer was worried if married people had no seat in the
world we've envisioned ;) It is always difficult to talk without
misunderstanding .....

--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org

Re: WMF mission

Florence Devouard-3
There is no "that's our commitment" in the vision statement which was
discussed during the board retreat. It should be removed.

Ant

(vision Aphaia, not mission, vision :-))

Aphaia wrote:

> Now the home page of its website says,
> "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment."
>
> Is it a final version we can call for translators (at least for website)?
>
> Besides that, one day I found a question about that on feedback page.
> An anonymous inquirer was worried if married people had no seat in the
> world we've envisioned ;) It is always difficult to talk without
> misunderstanding .....

Re: WMF mission

Ray Saintonge
Aphaia wrote:

>Now the home page of its website says,
>"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
>the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment."
>
>Is it a final version we can call for translators (at least for website)?
>
>Besides that, one day I found a question about that on feedback page.
>An anonymous inquirer was worried if married people had no seat in the
>world we've envisioned ;) It is always difficult to talk without
>misunderstanding .....

The word "single" only serves as emphasis, and is otherwise redundant.

Ec