WP Touch skin for 1.18 ?

Eric K-2
Has anyone managed to fix the WP Touch mobile skin for MW 1.18? If so, I would love if you attached a zip file of that skin to this email list.

WP Touch is a great skin that allows a wiki to allow mobile browsers to see the site much more easily:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Gallery_of_user_styles#WPtouch
Its based on a Wordpress skin.

thanks
Eric

Re: WP Touch skin for 1.18 ?

Petr Bena
I would prefer if they commited it to svn rather than attaching to mail

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Eric K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone managed to fix the WP Touch mobile skin for MW 1.18? If so, I would love if you attached a zip file of that skin to this email list.
>
> WP Touch is a great skin that allows a wiki to allow mobile browsers to see the site much more easily:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Gallery_of_user_styles#WPtouch
> Its based on a Wordpress skin.
>

> thanks
> Eric

Re: WP Touch skin for 1.18 ?

Eric K-2
I'm going to try to fix it and if I'm successful, I'll try to commit it (havent done that before).

The help page on Skinning is marked as outdated:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skinning

Does anyone have any general advice on how to create/update/fix a skin? I guess I could start with checking out what the Vector skin is doing.

________________________________
I would prefer if they commited it to svn rather than attaching to mail

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Eric K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone managed to fix the WP Touch mobile skin for MW 1.18? If so, I would love if you attached a zip file of that skin to this email list.
>
> WP Touch is a great skin that allows a wiki to allow mobile browsers to see the site much more easily:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Gallery_of_user_styles#WPtouch
> Its based on a Wordpress skin.
>

> thanks
> Eric

Re: WP Touch skin for 1.18 ?

Daniel Friesen-4
My guess is you're getting errors about the removal of tooltipAndAccesskey
(which is actually sorta separate from the skinning changes).
The proper method to use now was something like
tooltipAndAccesskeyAttributes, it returns an array of attributes instead
of a raw concatenated html string.

Besides that the skin does look fairly out of date. A quick scan:
- Not using headelement, the viewport should be added with something in
the init method
- You might as well update it to use BaseTemplate and the helpers in there
- Same for the request context get methods instead of $wg variables
- Looks like it's using some junk js for a placeholder, just replace that
with html5's placeholder attribute and let our fallback js take over