Quantcast

We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)

We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)

Wikimedia Movement Strategy
Dear Wikimedians/Wikipedians:

We are starting a broad discussion to define Wikimedia's future role in the world and develop a collaborative strategy to fulfill that role. You are warmly invited to join the conversation.

There are many ways to participate, by joining an existing conversation or starting your own:

        · Track A (organized groups): Discussions with your affiliate, committee or other organized group (these are groups that support the Wikimedia movement)[1]

        · Track B (individual contributors): On Meta[2] or your local language or project wiki[3]

This is the first of three conversations, and it will run between now and April 15. The purpose of cycle 1 is to discuss the future of the movement and generate major themes around potential directions. What do we want to build or achieve together over the next 15 years?

We welcome you, as we create this conversation together, and look forward to broad and diverse participation from all parts of our movement.

Sincerely,
Nicole Ebber (Track A Lead), Jaime Anstee (Track B Lead), & the engagement support teams [1][4]

PS. A version of this message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki: https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10222641

[1] Organized Groups: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Track_A
[2] Conversation on Meta: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Cycle_1
[3] Individual Contributors: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Participate