Welcoming Jeremy Postlethwaite

Alolita Sharma-2
Hi All,

Please join me in welcoming Jeremy Postlethwaite as a Software
Engineer in WMF’s Features Engineering team. Jeremy’s focus area will
be Fundraising. He will be joining Arthur Richards, Ryan Kaldari and
Katie Horn on the Fundraising engineering team to help make this
year’s fundraising drive successful.

Jeremy Postlethwaite has been a developer since 1996. He has been a
baker, a candy maker, a chef and a zymurgist. Fascinated with
technology, Jeremy has developed robotics, worked on nuclear energy
devices, such as the Z-machine, in conjunction with Lawrence Livermore
National Laboratory and Sandia National Laboratory. While working at
the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), he developed code
to model plasmas in atomic physics. Jeremy is also interested in
artificial intelligence and is developing code in this area.

Jeremy tries to be an environmentalist and a humanitarian. And in
doing so, he tries to live by the words of the late and great sophist,
George Carlin, “If you think there is a solution, you are part of the
problem.” This helps to keep him on level ground! In times of
frustration, he tries to remember what Socrates said, “knowledge is
recollection,” meaning all the answers already exist, but it is our
duty to find them.

Jeremy also tries to remember that not all problems in the world can
be solved with a computer program. He is happiest when developing
applications on his computer, researching quantum mechanics and fusion
technology or best of all, camping in the redwoods with his wife, of
almost nine years, Christi and his three children: Marissa, Jeremiah
and Isaac.

He has contributed several thousand hours to Open Source projects,
including personal endeavors, helping others to use technology and
working on Zend Framework.

Jeremy does not own a television, but has several computers. He wishes
he had more time to read. Jeremy’s biggest problem with being human is
that he has to sleep.

Drop by and say hello to Jeremy online or in person at WMF in San Francisco.

Welcome Jeremy!

--
Alolita Sharma
Director, Features Engineering

Re: Welcoming Jeremy Postlethwaite

James Alexander-4
Welcome Jeremy! We always need more help, especially in fundraising! (Not
that I'm biased)

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Alolita Sharma <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Jeremy Postlethwaite as a Software
> Engineer in WMF’s Features Engineering team. Jeremy’s focus area will
> be Fundraising. He will be joining Arthur Richards, Ryan Kaldari and
> Katie Horn on the Fundraising engineering team to help make this
> year’s fundraising drive successful.
>
> Jeremy Postlethwaite has been a developer since 1996. He has been a
> baker, a candy maker, a chef and a zymurgist. Fascinated with
> technology, Jeremy has developed robotics, worked on nuclear energy
> devices, such as the Z-machine, in conjunction with Lawrence Livermore
> National Laboratory and Sandia National Laboratory. While working at
> the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), he developed code
> to model plasmas in atomic physics. Jeremy is also interested in
> artificial intelligence and is developing code in this area.
>
> Jeremy tries to be an environmentalist and a humanitarian. And in
> doing so, he tries to live by the words of the late and great sophist,
> George Carlin, “If you think there is a solution, you are part of the
> problem.” This helps to keep him on level ground! In times of
> frustration, he tries to remember what Socrates said, “knowledge is
> recollection,” meaning all the answers already exist, but it is our
> duty to find them.
>
> Jeremy also tries to remember that not all problems in the world can
> be solved with a computer program. He is happiest when developing
> applications on his computer, researching quantum mechanics and fusion
> technology or best of all, camping in the redwoods with his wife, of
> almost nine years, Christi and his three children: Marissa, Jeremiah
> and Isaac.
>
> He has contributed several thousand hours to Open Source projects,
> including personal endeavors, helping others to use technology and
> working on Zend Framework.
>
> Jeremy does not own a television, but has several computers. He wishes
> he had more time to read. Jeremy’s biggest problem with being human is
> that he has to sleep.
>
> Drop by and say hello to Jeremy online or in person at WMF in San
> Francisco.
>
> Welcome Jeremy!
>
> --
> Alolita Sharma
> Director, Features Engineering
> Wikimedia Foundation

James Alexander
Business Analyst - Fundraising

Re: Welcoming Jeremy Postlethwaite

Sumana Harihareswara-2
On 08/24/2011 06:15 PM, Alolita Sharma wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Jeremy Postlethwaite as a Software
> Engineer in WMF’s Features Engineering team. Jeremy’s focus area will
> be Fundraising....

Jeremy, welcome and best of luck.  I look forward to meeting you
sometime soon, and to seeing your commits and code review comments! :-)

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator

Re: Welcoming Jeremy Postlethwaite

Antoine Musso-3
On 25/08/11 00:15, Alolita Sharma wrote:
<snip>
> Drop by and say hello to Jeremy online or in person at WMF in San Francisco.

Looks like yet another ultra high IQ to join the team :-)

Have a good code !

--
Ashar "hashar" Voultoiz

Re: Welcoming Jeremy Postlethwaite