Quantcast

What if an API is not present? (e.g: wikitravel)

What if an API is not present? (e.g: wikitravel)

ehud

Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can give me a hand here...
I'm looking for the mediawiki api which should be located at http://wikitravel.org/w/api.php, but can't seem to find it.
Also, googling showed nothing about the subject. could it be that wikitravel does not have an API? has it been removed?

is there an alternate location?

Thanks!
Ehud

Re: What if an API is not present? (e.g: wikitravel)

Brianna Laugher
On 23/12/2007, Ehud Rosenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Hopefully someone can give me a hand here...
> I'm looking for the mediawiki api which should be located at
> http://wikitravel.org/w/api.php, but can't seem to find it.
> Also, googling showed nothing about the subject. could it be that wikitravel
> does not have an API? has it been removed?
>
> is there an alternate location?

Hi,

It is possible to disable the API, but Wikitravel's is here:
http://wikitravel.org/wiki/en/api.php

The trick to find it is to edit a page, and then delete the URL back
to "/index.php?...." and replace with "/api.php".

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: What if an API is not present? (e.g: wikitravel)

ehud
God bless you... :)
probably the quickest response I ever got on any mailing list as well!

Ehud