What to do on Heathrow?

Orsolya Gyenes
Hello fellow Wikipedians,

I need some advise from London folks. I will be flying through London Heatrow to D.C this coming Saturday but I am going to have a 6-hours long connecting time there to kill.

Could anyone tell what can I do on Heathrow for that amount of time besides eating and shopping? Is there anything that I could visit nearby?

See you all soon!

~Orsolya
WM 2012 Deputy Program Chair

Re: What to do on Heathrow?

Richard Symonds-3
I believe there may be a fair few Uk Wikipedians in the office on that day!

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

On 1 July 2012 11:29, Orsolya Gyenes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello fellow Wikipedians,

I need some advise from London folks. I will be flying through London Heatrow to D.C this coming Saturday but I am going to have a 6-hours long connecting time there to kill.

Could anyone tell what can I do on Heathrow for that amount of time besides eating and shopping? Is there anything that I could visit nearby?

See you all soon!

~Orsolya
WM 2012 Deputy Program Chair

Re: What to do on Heathrow?

Richard Symonds-3
Sorry, I mean: In the airport with you...

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

On 1 July 2012 12:38, Richard Symonds <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe there may be a fair few Uk Wikipedians in the office on that day!

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

On 1 July 2012 11:29, Orsolya Gyenes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello fellow Wikipedians,

I need some advise from London folks. I will be flying through London Heatrow to D.C this coming Saturday but I am going to have a 6-hours long connecting time there to kill.

Could anyone tell what can I do on Heathrow for that amount of time besides eating and shopping? Is there anything that I could visit nearby?

See you all soon!

~Orsolya
WM 2012 Deputy Program Chair

Re: What to do on Heathrow?

Josh Lim
Heathrow is a good airport for plane spotting. :)

Josh

Wiadomość napisana przez Orsolya Gyenes w dniu 1 lip 2012, o godz. 12:29:

Hello fellow Wikipedians,

I need some advise from London folks. I will be flying through London Heatrow to D.C this coming Saturday but I am going to have a 6-hours long connecting time there to kill.

Could anyone tell what can I do on Heathrow for that amount of time besides eating and shopping? Is there anything that I could visit nearby?

See you all soon!

~Orsolya
WM 2012 Deputy Program Chair

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Block I1, AB Political Science
Major in Global Politics, Minor in Chinese Studies
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Trustee (2010-2013), Wikimedia Philippines
Member, Ateneo Debate Society
Member, The Assembly
Member, Ateneo Lingua Ars Cultura

[hidden email] | +63 (927) 531-8301
Friendster/Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://akira123323.livejournal.com

Re: What to do on Heathrow?

Tomasz Ganicz
2012/7/1 Orsolya Gyenes <[hidden email]>:
> Hello fellow Wikipedians,
>
> I need some advise from London folks. I will be flying through London
> Heatrow to D.C this coming Saturday but I am going to have a 6-hours long
> connecting time there to kill.
>
> Could anyone tell what can I do on Heathrow for that amount of time besides
> eating and shopping? Is there anything that I could visit nearby?

Windsor Castle & Eton are the nearest tourist attraction. You can get
there by local bus:

http://www.londontoolkit.com/whattodo/windsor_heathrow_bus.htm

from terminal 5.

Even just a round trip by local bus might be interesting. An occasion
to see some English countryside.

But bear in mind that Heathrow has very slow check-in system - You
need to have at least 1.5 hr for it.

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/

Re: What to do on Heathrow?

Orsolya Gyenes
Ha-ha... :D

I arrive there at 10:05 and my conection is at 5PM to D.C.

If there were other Wikipedians we could have our own pre-meeting at the airport... ;) Anyone?

~Orsolya