Where to propose new features for MediaWiki?

Where to propose new features for MediaWiki?

Virgil Ierubino
Is there a place (other than here, I guess)? Does Meta have a page for this?

Re: Where to propose new features for MediaWiki?

Sean Whitton (Xyrael)
There is the mediawiki-l mailing list, which would probably be more
appropriate than this one.

On 17/10/06, Virgil Ierubino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a place (other than here, I guess)? Does Meta have a page for this?

        —Xyrael / Sean Whitton ~ Knowledge is power, but only wisdom is liberty
                [hidden email] | xyrael.net

Re: Where to propose new features for MediaWiki?

Virgil Ierubino
Couldn't there be set up a better place than the MediaWiki-l mailing list,
where feature proposals can be made? A page on Meta with a structure like
the project proposals page?

Re: Where to propose new features for MediaWiki?

metasj

This can easily get out of hand if not framed properly, with long threads
about very specific features.  We used to have such a page...
   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incoming_requests

... but it was moved over to bugzilla, which now has thousands of bugs and
feature requests, many of them with extensive comments and descriptions.

http://bugzilla.wikipedia.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=&content=feature

If you want to start a new feature-proposals page, say to clean up and
organize the many proposals/proposal-clouds with their own meta-pages,
in a way that makes effective use of bugzilla for the more detailed
feature requests -- this could be a good thing.

--SJ