Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

Peter Rocky7
Hi, I am Rocky7.

Admins of unblock-en-l have not delivered mails of unblock-en-l since May
4, 2007.

Admins of unblock-en-l have not allowed me to enter unblock-en-l Archives.

Q1. Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me with no explanation?

Q2. Why do you cling to closed unfair trial?

Q3. Why do you stick to Chinese or Korean facism trial?


Re: unblock-en-l identification?
(Reply to Prodego)
You(at least Luna and Prodego) have been stalking, indeed, and
I don't think you(all admins) would be subjected to
non-admins' stalking.
How can we(non-admins) do stalking?
We can't know even your IP addresses, unless you email
me(us) personally.

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Prodego <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Errr, what? I don't think the idea of anonymity will go away soon,
>a large majority of admins, myself included, would be subjected
>to stalking, which has actually happened to quite a few people.
>
>Prodego

He's a lying scoundrel...?!


>On 3/4/07, Rocky7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>Now admins' real identifications are needed to be revealed.
>>Stop such a nasty intrigue, or all admins would not be
>>trusted because of your timidness and wickedness.
>>

_________________________________________________________________
ウィルス対策ソフト ただ今、2,000円キャッシュバックキャンペーン中!
http://onecare.live.jp 


_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

M. Williamson
Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
status of the Ainu.

Regardless of whether or not Korean and Chinese claims have been
exaggerated, it is undeniable that those countries WERE invaded by
Japan. Whether the Empire was all nice and cuddly to its
non-ethnically-Japanese subjects is debatable, but it is not debatable
that these places were invaded without invitation.

And stop being so arrogant, you are not "pure", you are not "special",
you are not somehow better or smarter than Koreans or Chinese people.
We are all human beings.

And if you were blocked without a reason, as you claim, I'm sure you
would've been blocked very soon because of your explicit and unwelcome
racism.

Mark

On 08/03/07, Rocky 7 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I am Rocky7.
>
> Admins of unblock-en-l have not delivered mails of unblock-en-l since May
> 4, 2007.
>
> Admins of unblock-en-l have not allowed me to enter unblock-en-l Archives.
>
> Q1. Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me with no explanation?
>
> Q2. Why do you cling to closed unfair trial?
>
> Q3. Why do you stick to Chinese or Korean facism trial?
>
>
> Re: unblock-en-l identification?
> (Reply to Prodego)
> You(at least Luna and Prodego) have been stalking, indeed, and
> I don't think you(all admins) would be subjected to
> non-admins' stalking.
> How can we(non-admins) do stalking?
> We can't know even your IP addresses, unless you email
> me(us) personally.
>
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Prodego <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >Errr, what? I don't think the idea of anonymity will go away soon,
> >a large majority of admins, myself included, would be subjected
> >to stalking, which has actually happened to quite a few people.
> >
> >Prodego
>
> He's a lying scoundrel...?!
>
>
> >On 3/4/07, Rocky7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >>Now admins' real identifications are needed to be revealed.
> >>Stop such a nasty intrigue, or all admins would not be
> >>trusted because of your timidness and wickedness.
> >>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> ウィルス��策ソフト ただ今、2,000�谣�ャッシュバックキャンペ�`ン中!
> http://onecare.live.jp
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>

--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

Subsume
What on earth is wrong with you?

Even if he is Vampire-Kim-Jong-Hitler, I'm not sure an outright ban
from unblock-en is appropriate. What recourse can someone take from
that point?

-S

On 3/8/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> status of the Ainu.
>
> Regardless of whether or not Korean and Chinese claims have been
> exaggerated, it is undeniable that those countries WERE invaded by
> Japan. Whether the Empire was all nice and cuddly to its
> non-ethnically-Japanese subjects is debatable, but it is not debatable
> that these places were invaded without invitation.
>
> And stop being so arrogant, you are not "pure", you are not "special",
> you are not somehow better or smarter than Koreans or Chinese people.
> We are all human beings.
>
> And if you were blocked without a reason, as you claim, I'm sure you
> would've been blocked very soon because of your explicit and unwelcome
> racism.
>
> Mark
>
> On 08/03/07, Rocky 7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, I am Rocky7.
> >
> > Admins of unblock-en-l have not delivered mails of unblock-en-l since May
> > 4, 2007.
> >
> > Admins of unblock-en-l have not allowed me to enter unblock-en-l Archives.
> >
> > Q1. Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me with no explanation?
> >
> > Q2. Why do you cling to closed unfair trial?
> >
> > Q3. Why do you stick to Chinese or Korean facism trial?
> >
> >
> > Re: unblock-en-l identification?
> > (Reply to Prodego)
> > You(at least Luna and Prodego) have been stalking, indeed, and
> > I don't think you(all admins) would be subjected to
> > non-admins' stalking.
> > How can we(non-admins) do stalking?
> > We can't know even your IP addresses, unless you email
> > me(us) personally.
> >
> > On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Prodego <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >Errr, what? I don't think the idea of anonymity will go away soon,
> > >a large majority of admins, myself included, would be subjected
> > >to stalking, which has actually happened to quite a few people.
> > >
> > >Prodego
> >
> > He's a lying scoundrel...?!
> >
> >
> > >On 3/4/07, Rocky7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >>
> > >>Now admins' real identifications are needed to be revealed.
> > >>Stop such a nasty intrigue, or all admins would not be
> > >>trusted because of your timidness and wickedness.
> > >>
> >
> > _________________________________________________________________
> > ウィルス��策ソフト ただ今、2,000�谣�ャッシュバックキャンペ�`ン中!
> > http://onecare.live.jp
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikipedia-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
> >
>
>
> --
> Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>
>

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

Mark
In reply to this post by M. Williamson
Mark Williamson wrote:

> Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> status of the Ainu.

I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
including many admins!

-Mark


_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

Andrew Gray
On 09/03/07, Delirium <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mark Williamson wrote:
>
> > Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> > status of the Ainu.
>
> I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
> holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
> could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
> including many admins!

To paraphrase Harry Truman:

"[They] blocked him for continually trolling, not for being a dumb
son-of-a-bitch - which he was, but that's not against the law for
people on the internet. If it was, three quarters of them would be in
jail"
--
- Andrew Gray
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shooting the messenger ... was ... Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

Walter van Kalken
Andrew Gray wrote:

>On 09/03/07, Delirium <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>
>>Mark Williamson wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
>>>status of the Ainu.
>>>      
>>>
>>I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
>>holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
>>could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
>>including many admins!
>>    
>>
>
>To paraphrase Harry Truman:
>
>"[They] blocked him for continually trolling, not for being a dumb
>son-of-a-bitch - which he was, but that's not against the law for
>people on the internet. If it was, three quarters of them would be in
>jail"
>  
>

Unfortunately on this mailinglist and on local wikipedia's the practise
of shooting the messenger and shooting off anything we do not want to
hear is practised more and more widely. Also putting our heads in the
sands like an ostrich is.

The tactics used are simple:

Tactic 1:
We see someone post something we do not like, or we do not like the
poster in the first place. We then start digging up past transgressions
by the poster and with that we kill the topic because it becomes a
flamefest and no one is talking about the topic anymore.

Tactic 2:
We just tell someone to solve the problem locally, even though it is the
reason it couldn't be solved locally in the first place that the poster
is talking about it.

These tactics are more and more employed, both on this mailinglist,
other wikimedia mailinglists, and on the foundation projects.

Please read about a topic, do not charge the poster.

Waerth
_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

George William Herbert
In reply to this post by Subsume
On 3/8/07, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What on earth is wrong with you?
>
> Even if he is Vampire-Kim-Jong-Hitler, I'm not sure an outright ban
> from unblock-en is appropriate. What recourse can someone take from
> that point?
>
> -S
>
> On 3/8/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> > status of the Ainu.
> >
> > Regardless of whether or not Korean and Chinese claims have been
> > exaggerated, it is undeniable that those countries WERE invaded by
> > Japan. Whether the Empire was all nice and cuddly to its
> > non-ethnically-Japanese subjects is debatable, but it is not debatable
> > that these places were invaded without invitation.
> >
> > And stop being so arrogant, you are not "pure", you are not "special",
> > you are not somehow better or smarter than Koreans or Chinese people.
> > We are all human beings.
> >
> > And if you were blocked without a reason, as you claim, I'm sure you
> > would've been blocked very soon because of your explicit and unwelcome
> > racism.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > On 08/03/07, Rocky 7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi, I am Rocky7.
> > >
> > > Admins of unblock-en-l have not delivered mails of unblock-en-l since May
> > > 4, 2007.
> > >
> > > Admins of unblock-en-l have not allowed me to enter unblock-en-l Archives.
> > >
> > > Q1. Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me with no explanation?
> > >
> > > Q2. Why do you cling to closed unfair trial?
> > >
> > > Q3. Why do you stick to Chinese or Korean facism trial?
> > >
> > >
> > > Re: unblock-en-l identification?
> > > (Reply to Prodego)
> > > You(at least Luna and Prodego) have been stalking, indeed, and
> > > I don't think you(all admins) would be subjected to
> > > non-admins' stalking.
> > > How can we(non-admins) do stalking?
> > > We can't know even your IP addresses, unless you email
> > > me(us) personally.
> > >
> > > On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Prodego <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > >Errr, what? I don't think the idea of anonymity will go away soon,
> > > >a large majority of admins, myself included, would be subjected
> > > >to stalking, which has actually happened to quite a few people.
> > > >
> > > >Prodego
> > >
> > > He's a lying scoundrel...?!
> > >
> > >
> > > >On 3/4/07, Rocky7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > >>
> > > >>Now admins' real identifications are needed to be revealed.
> > > >>Stop such a nasty intrigue, or all admins would not be
> > > >>trusted because of your timidness and wickedness.

He's complaining that we unsubscribed him from the list, not that we
aren't listening to his complaints.  We unsubscribed him because
people send identifying information to the unblock-en-l list fairly
often, and we had a number of trolls and abusive users sign up for the
list to gather information.

We aren't listening to his complaints at this point either, because he
has repeatedly sent us abusive and racist and threatening emails, and
we have a finite tolerance for that.

Unblock-en-l was not designed to be another step or venue in the
serious ongoing abusive user management process.  The venue and
responsible authorities for that are Arbcom, who also accept emailed
requests.


--
-george william herbert
[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

M. Williamson
In reply to this post by Mark
It becomes an issue when somebody espouses racism in every post and
uses it to personally attack others. "You guys won't listen to me
because you must all be Koreans", for example.

Mark

On 08/03/07, Delirium <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mark Williamson wrote:
>
> > Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> > status of the Ainu.
>
> I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
> holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
> could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
> including many admins!
>
> -Mark
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>


--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

Subsume
Hmm, sure. I also think administrative skepticism is > always <
neccessary, regardless of the tally of charges. Demonization is always
a very useful tool against people who have done something wrong, and
is a very effective marginalizer.

Your initial smarmy, condescending rant was totally inappropriate, and
I was glad that George Herbert followed it up with a measured
description of the problem.

-S

On 3/9/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It becomes an issue when somebody espouses racism in every post and
> uses it to personally attack others. "You guys won't listen to me
> because you must all be Koreans", for example.
>
> Mark
>
> On 08/03/07, Delirium <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Mark Williamson wrote:
> >
> > > Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> > > status of the Ainu.
> >
> > I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
> > holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
> > could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
> > including many admins!
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikipedia-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
> >
>
>
> --
> Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

M. Williamson
I don't think it was inappropriate. That's what matters here - what I
think, and what the list admins think.

Mark

On 09/03/07, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm, sure. I also think administrative skepticism is > always <
> neccessary, regardless of the tally of charges. Demonization is always
> a very useful tool against people who have done something wrong, and
> is a very effective marginalizer.
>
> Your initial smarmy, condescending rant was totally inappropriate, and
> I was glad that George Herbert followed it up with a measured
> description of the problem.
>
> -S
>
> On 3/9/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > It becomes an issue when somebody espouses racism in every post and
> > uses it to personally attack others. "You guys won't listen to me
> > because you must all be Koreans", for example.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > On 08/03/07, Delirium <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Mark Williamson wrote:
> > >
> > > > Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> > > > status of the Ainu.
> > >
> > > I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
> > > holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
> > > could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
> > > including many admins!
> > >
> > > -Mark
> > >
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Wikipedia-l mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
> > >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikipedia-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>


--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

Subsume
Of course you don't. The fact that continue it is equally pitiful.

Please elaborate on your class-system idea of this list. I'm sure its
very fascinating.

-S

On 3/9/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't think it was inappropriate. That's what matters here - what I
> think, and what the list admins think.
>
> Mark
>
> On 09/03/07, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hmm, sure. I also think administrative skepticism is > always <
> > neccessary, regardless of the tally of charges. Demonization is always
> > a very useful tool against people who have done something wrong, and
> > is a very effective marginalizer.
> >
> > Your initial smarmy, condescending rant was totally inappropriate, and
> > I was glad that George Herbert followed it up with a measured
> > description of the problem.
> >
> > -S
> >
> > On 3/9/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > It becomes an issue when somebody espouses racism in every post and
> > > uses it to personally attack others. "You guys won't listen to me
> > > because you must all be Koreans", for example.
> > >
> > > Mark
> > >
> > > On 08/03/07, Delirium <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > Mark Williamson wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> > > > > status of the Ainu.
> > > >
> > > > I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
> > > > holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
> > > > could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
> > > > including many admins!
> > > >
> > > > -Mark
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Wikipedia-l mailing list
> > > > [hidden email]
> > > > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Wikipedia-l mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
> > >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikipedia-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
> >
>
>
> --
> Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

George William Herbert
On 3/9/07, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Of course you don't. The fact that continue it is equally pitiful.
>
> Please elaborate on your class-system idea of this list. I'm sure its
> very fascinating.
>
> -S
>
> On 3/9/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I don't think it was inappropriate. That's what matters here - what I
> > think, and what the list admins think.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > On 09/03/07, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hmm, sure. I also think administrative skepticism is > always <
> > > neccessary, regardless of the tally of charges. Demonization is always
> > > a very useful tool against people who have done something wrong, and
> > > is a very effective marginalizer.
> > >
> > > Your initial smarmy, condescending rant was totally inappropriate, and
> > > I was glad that George Herbert followed it up with a measured
> > > description of the problem.
> > >
> > > -S
> > >
> > > On 3/9/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > It becomes an issue when somebody espouses racism in every post and
> > > > uses it to personally attack others. "You guys won't listen to me
> > > > because you must all be Koreans", for example.
> > > >
> > > > Mark
> > > >
> > > > On 08/03/07, Delirium <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > > Mark Williamson wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> > > > > > status of the Ainu.
> > > > >
> > > > > I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
> > > > > holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
> > > > > could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
> > > > > including many admins!
> > > > >
> > > > > -Mark

Please stop trolling Mark here...

The reasons that our Asian user was removed from the list have been
explained.  That some of the unblock-en-l participants have also
vented that they don't like him is perhaps not the single most focused
calm response, but neither do they reflect a generic list intolerance
for minority opinions.

We didn't remove them from the list because they're personally
distasteful; we removed him from the list because he's abusive and he
absolutely should not still be seeing anyone else's unblock request
filings.

Had this been an official policy or position statement, it would also
have been inappropriate for Mark to mention that here.  But it was
just an informational response to queries.

I think it's unreasonable to expect us not to form personal opinions
regarding some of the unblock-en-l complaintants.  It's reasonable for
the community to insist that we still deal with them professionally,
and I think we're doing that.


--
-george william herbert
[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why have admins of unblock-en-l blocked me?

M. Williamson
I'm not the one who used the words "smarmy" and "condescending".

In response to Steve, the class system here is similar to that on
Wikipedia - if you are not a list admin, what you think of people has
little impact, while if you are, you can place them on moderation if
you feel they are "smarmy and condescending" enough that they should
not be tolerated.

Mark

On 09/03/07, George Herbert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/9/07, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Of course you don't. The fact that continue it is equally pitiful.
> >
> > Please elaborate on your class-system idea of this list. I'm sure its
> > very fascinating.
> >
> > -S
> >
> > On 3/9/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I don't think it was inappropriate. That's what matters here - what I
> > > think, and what the list admins think.
> > >
> > > Mark
> > >
> > > On 09/03/07, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > Hmm, sure. I also think administrative skepticism is > always <
> > > > neccessary, regardless of the tally of charges. Demonization is always
> > > > a very useful tool against people who have done something wrong, and
> > > > is a very effective marginalizer.
> > > >
> > > > Your initial smarmy, condescending rant was totally inappropriate, and
> > > > I was glad that George Herbert followed it up with a measured
> > > > description of the problem.
> > > >
> > > > -S
> > > >
> > > > On 3/9/07, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > > It becomes an issue when somebody espouses racism in every post and
> > > > > uses it to personally attack others. "You guys won't listen to me
> > > > > because you must all be Koreans", for example.
> > > > >
> > > > > Mark
> > > > >
> > > > > On 08/03/07, Delirium <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > > > Mark Williamson wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Because you are a racist :-) You probably even deny the indigenous
> > > > > > > status of the Ainu.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I would hope that's not the reason... if we were to block people for
> > > > > > holding objectionable opinions (even exceedingly objectionable ones), I
> > > > > > could submit a very long list of names of people to be blocked,
> > > > > > including many admins!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > -Mark
>
> Please stop trolling Mark here...
>
> The reasons that our Asian user was removed from the list have been
> explained.  That some of the unblock-en-l participants have also
> vented that they don't like him is perhaps not the single most focused
> calm response, but neither do they reflect a generic list intolerance
> for minority opinions.
>
> We didn't remove them from the list because they're personally
> distasteful; we removed him from the list because he's abusive and he
> absolutely should not still be seeing anyone else's unblock request
> filings.
>
> Had this been an official policy or position statement, it would also
> have been inappropriate for Mark to mention that here.  But it was
> just an informational response to queries.
>
> I think it's unreasonable to expect us not to form personal opinions
> regarding some of the unblock-en-l complaintants.  It's reasonable for
> the community to insist that we still deal with them professionally,
> and I think we're doing that.
>
>
> --
> -george william herbert
> [hidden email]
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>


--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l