Why?

Thomas Dalton

I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the middle of DC? Anyone?

Re: Why?

Lodewijk
Probably you decided to go there at some point. If someone kidnapped you and took you there, I suggest to contact the conference hotline. But even though you may not remember, the first sounds way more likely.

2012/7/15 Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]>

I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the middle of DC? Anyone?

Re: Why?

Richard Symonds-3
Too much rum? (Or too little)?
Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

On 15 July 2012 02:35, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Probably you decided to go there at some point. If someone kidnapped you and took you there, I suggest to contact the conference hotline. But even though you may not remember, the first sounds way more likely.

2012/7/15 Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]>

I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the middle of DC? Anyone?

Re: Why?

Florence Devouard-2
It did not look like you were this drunk though.... weird.
In any cases, it was no kidnapping ;)

Le 7/15/12 3:38 AM, Richard Symonds a écrit :
Too much rum? (Or too little)?
Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

On 15 July 2012 02:35, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Probably you decided to go there at some point. If someone kidnapped you and took you there, I suggest to contact the conference hotline. But even though you may not remember, the first sounds way more likely.

2012/7/15 Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]>

I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the middle of DC? Anyone?

Re: Why?

Craig Franklin-2
Normally I can be blamed for such things... but this time I'm on the
opposite side of the world sorry ;-)

On 15 July 2012 18:02, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It did not look like you were this drunk though.... weird.
> In any cases, it was no kidnapping ;)
>
> Le 7/15/12 3:38 AM, Richard Symonds a écrit :
>
> Too much rum? (Or too little)?
> Richard Symonds
> Wikimedia UK
> 0207 065 0992
> Disclaimer viewable at
> http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Email_disclaimer
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk
>

> On 15 July 2012 02:35, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Probably you decided to go there at some point. If someone kidnapped you
>> and took you there, I suggest to contact the conference hotline. But even
>> though you may not remember, the first sounds way more likely.
>>
>> 2012/7/15 Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can
>>> anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club
>>> in the middle of DC? Anyone?

Re: Why?

metasj
On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the middle of DC? Anyone?

For the record, and in an effort to honor the quality of local cultural attractions after dark, DC has some of the best wannabe goth night clubs this side of the Mississippi.

SJ
also impressed with the quality of local breakdancing (which our party seems to have enhanced)

Foks

Steven Zhang-2
Hey everyone,

If you are with Joe (Foxj) please remind him to bring my chocolates and the blue external battery, kthnx :-)

Steve Zhang

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Why?

Andy Mabbett-2
On 15 July 2012 02:23, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
> middle of DC? Anyone?

What happens in DC stays in DC. Or on a global mailing list.

Welcome to the 21st century.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Why?

rupert THURNER-2
On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
> middle of DC? Anyone?

for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
"An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
boredom by dressing up like a vampire."

slightly confused, rupert.

Re: Why?

Josh Lim
Wiadomość napisana przez rupert THURNER w dniu 16 lip 2012, o godz. 00:12:

for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
"An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
boredom by dressing up like a vampire."

slightly confused, rupert.

Sounds like it's eerily related to scene kids (wannabe emos), only more disturbing.  The more important question though is how old were those people? :P

Josh

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Block I1, AB Political Science
Major in Global Politics, Minor in Chinese Studies
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Trustee (2010-2013), Wikimedia Philippines
Member, Ateneo Debate Society
Member, The Assembly

[hidden email] | +63 (927) 531-8301
Friendster/Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://akira123323.livejournal.com

Re: Why?

DIEGO HAZEMBULLER
Deseo canselar mi suscripcion a su sitio,[hidden email]

rupert THURNER <[hidden email]> escribió:

>On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
>> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
>> middle of DC? Anyone?
>
>for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
>"An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
>boredom by dressing up like a vampire."
>
>slightly confused, rupert.

Deseo canselar mi suscripcion a su sitio,[hidden email]

rupert THURNER <[hidden email]> escribió:

>On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
>> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
>> middle of DC? Anyone?
>
>for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
>"An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
>boredom by dressing up like a vampire."
>
>slightly confused, rupert.

Re: Why?

Thomas Morton
On 15 July 2012 17:12, rupert THURNER <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
> middle of DC? Anyone?

for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
"An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
boredom by dressing up like a vampire."

slightly confused, rupert.

Latest Foundation research on the UndeadGap indicates this is a fair description for the "Average Wikipedian".

Now where did I leave those fangs?

Tom