Why we are cool

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Why we are cool

Charles Matthews
Because in 45 minutes this morning I could create and fill with 40 articles
[[Category:Fixed points]], ranging from work of John Nash to quantum field
theory, touching on voting systems and [[Common knowledge]] on the way.

Charles


_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why we are cool

stevertigo
Im surprised nobody with a bot hasnt yet chimed in to
say how he could do the same thing in 4 minutes. :)

S

--- charles matthews <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Because in 45 minutes this morning I could create
> and fill with 40 articles
> [[Category:Fixed points]], ranging from work of John
> Nash to quantum field
> theory, touching on voting systems and [[Common
> knowledge]] on the way.
>
> Charles
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> WikiEN-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
>


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why we are cool

Mark Wagner-2
On 1/27/06, stevertigo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Im surprised nobody with a bot hasnt yet chimed in to
> say how he could do the same thing in 4 minutes. :)

I've got a bot that can create a category and fill it with 40 images
in 4 minutes.  Of course, the developers probably wouldn't be any too
happy about the server load from a multithreaded bot doing an edit
every two seconds... ;-)

--
Mark Wagner
[[User:Carnildo]]
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why we are cool

geni
On 1/27/06, Mark Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/27/06, stevertigo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Im surprised nobody with a bot hasnt yet chimed in to
> > say how he could do the same thing in 4 minutes. :)
>
> I've got a bot that can create a category and fill it with 40 images
> in 4 minutes.  Of course, the developers probably wouldn't be any too
> happy about the server load from a multithreaded bot doing an edit
> every two seconds... ;-)
>
> --
> Mark Wagner
> [[User:Carnildo]]

You might get away with it 5-6am GMT saterday/sunday morning.

--
geni
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l