Wicnik reminder

Pine W
This is a reminder mostly for US Wikimedians and US-based WMF office employees but also in case Wikimedians in other parts of the world want to join us.

Wicnik, Wikimedia's annual summer picnic event, is happening again this year. Are you signed up to participate? Bring food, sports equipment, sunscreen, and/or your significant other(s).

So far there are Wicniks planned for these locations:

Cape Cod, Massachusetts - happened already
New York City, New York - July 6
Frederick, Maryland - July 6
Washington, DC - July 13
Detroit, Michigan - July 6
Evansville/Bloomington, Indiana - date TBD
Chicago, Illinois - July 12
St Louis, Missouri - July 6
St Paul, Minnesota - July 6
Arvada, Colorado - July 6
Seattle, Washington - July 6
San Francisco, California - July 6
Los Angeles, California - July 6

Under discussion:

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Portland, Oregon

Re: Wicnik reminder

Kevin Rutherford
Hey all,

Just as a clarification for people, the Cape Cod event has yet to happen yet, as we cancelled it due to the possibility of inclement weather, and it ended up being an incredibly beautiful day. In light of that, it has been rescheduled to August 23rd.

Kevin

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wicnik reminder

Pharos-3
Great to see that this celebration of the "picnic anyone can edit" is spreading across the USA, and now also in the Netherlands!

As a reminder, the spelling is actually "Wiknic" as is in  Wik(i-pic)nic.

It's not too late to organize your own edition of the Great American Wiknic (or an international variant), for July 6 or another date!

And we now have this shortcut domain:

Thanks,
Pharos

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 4:37 PM, R W <[hidden email]> wrote:
Brilliant idea !!

Therefore we organize also a Wicnik in the south of Netherlands, so also
Belgians, Germans and whoever is in the neighbourhood can join!

With sun outside, with rain inside. Dutch pancakes will be baked and
stroopwafels will be available. Would be nice if everyone brings some food,
drink and more with him/her to share.

Time: 13:00 - 17:00 (and later)
Address: Dominee Theodor Fliednerstraat‎, 5631 BM Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Coördinates: 51.455585, 5.488054
Distance: 15 minutes walk from train station Eindhoven + 2 bus stops
By car: 500 parking spaces

Signing up for it is welcomed, but not required:
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ontmoeten#Zondag_6_juli:_Wiki-picknick_Eindhoven

If there are any questions: feel free to ask!

Romaine

Wikimedia-l@...