Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in the United States: We're live!

Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in the United States: We're live!

Kevin Payravi
Hi all,

Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 is now live! The US competition is here:

If you're new to Wiki Loves Monuments:
WLM is the world's largest photo competition that asks the public to upload their photos of registered monuments and historical sites. These photos contribute to improving our documentation of history, as well as illustrating Wikipedia. The competition runs on a federated model with each country running their own competition. In the US last year, we had 1,900+ participants upload over 10,000 photos, hundreds of which went to illustrating pages on Wikipedia. The vast majority of participants (85%+) are first-time contributors to the Commons. Each national contest has a jury process that selects the country's top-10 photos (the top-3 of which win monetary prizes in the US), which go on to compete in the international competition.

All are welcome to participate. It would also be great if you could spread the word in your local communities - even if it's just a retweet or share on your affiliate's social media.

Thank you!

Kevin Payravi
SuperHamster on Wikimedia