Wiki Templates Question

Adam Sobieski
Wikitech-l,

Greetings. I would like to ask about the best way to use conditional logic and branching wiki templates with Wikidata data to vary output upon whether properties are defined for an entity. Scenarios of interest include template-based natural language generation. I’m thinking about reusable Wikipedia templates and the functionalities of projects such as Reasonator (https://tools.wmflabs.org/reasonator/) and AutoDesc (https://tools.wmflabs.org/autodesc).

Thank you,
Adam Sobieski

Re: Wiki Templates Question

Thomas PT
Hello Adam,

It is possible to write templates on Wikimedia wikis using Lua.
The English Wikipedia documentation is here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lua It should work nearly the same
on all wikis.
It is possible to access Wikidata content from Lua:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wikibase_Client/Lua

Cheers,

Thomas