Wiki Workshop 2018 Announcement and Call for Papers

Wiki Workshop 2018 Announcement and Call for Papers

Leila Zia
Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that the 5th annual Wiki Workshop [1] will
take place in Lyon on April 24, 2018 and as part of The Web Conference
2018 (a.k.a. WWW2018) [2].

You can access the call for papers at
http://wikiworkshop.org/2018/#call . Please submit your ongoing or
completed research related to Wikimedia projects to the workshop. Note
that 2018-01-28 is the submission deadline if you want your paper to
appear in the proceedings, and 2018-03-11 is for all other papers.[3]

Following the past year's model, the workshop will have a set of
invited talks (Jon Kleinberg and Markus Kroetzsch have already
accepted our invitation [4] \o/), a poster session, and more.

Questions and comments are welcome. Otherwise, we're looking forward
to receiving your submissions and seeing you in Lyon in April. :)

Best,
Leila, on behalf of the organizers [5]

[1] http://wikiworkshop.org/2018/
[2] https://www2018.thewebconf.org/
[3] http://wikiworkshop.org/2018/#dates
[4] http://wikiworkshop.org/2018/#speakers
[5] http://wikiworkshop.org/2018/#organization

--
Leila Zia
Senior Research Scientist

Re: Wiki Workshop 2018 Announcement and Call for Papers

Leila Zia
We have one free pass for the workshop that covers the registration
fee (no transportation, hotel, etc.). If you're interested to attend
and haven't registered, yet, please ping me off-list before noon CEST
on Saturday. Please include a few lines in your email as to why you
want to attend the workshop. The priority will be given to
Wiki(p|m)edia editors, especially those local, then to Wiki(p|m)edia
researchers, and then to anyone else. :)

Best,
Leila, on behalf of Wiki Workshop organizers