Wiki does not exist

KIZU Naoko
Hello,
mistyping the URL to OTRS top page, I eventually got "wiki does not exist" page.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/

It is quite outdated, for example
- No mention to the projects launched in 2004 or later (missing
Wikinews, Commons etc)
- Klingon Wikipedia is included
- Only Wikipedia and Wiktionary language versions are presented

Supposedly the page was set up in the mid 2004 before Wikiquote and
Wikibooks were divided into language? I think none wants to keep it as
is, but renew it to reflect our current situation.

If you know somewhere this issue is discussed, please gimme the link. Thanks.

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *

Re: Wiki does not exist

Marco Chiesa
https://secure.wikimedia.org/otrs/index.pl
I also got the funny message by trying to type only secure.wikimedia.org

Cruccone

On 7/28/07, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> mistyping the URL to OTRS top page, I eventually got "wiki does not exist"
> page.
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/
>
> It is quite outdated, for example
> - No mention to the projects launched in 2004 or later (missing
> Wikinews, Commons etc)
> - Klingon Wikipedia is included
> - Only Wikipedia and Wiktionary language versions are presented
>
> Supposedly the page was set up in the mid 2004 before Wikiquote and
> Wikibooks were divided into language? I think none wants to keep it as
> is, but renew it to reflect our current situation.
>
> If you know somewhere this issue is discussed, please gimme the link.
> Thanks.
> Cheers,
>
> --
> KIZU Naoko
>   Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
>   * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *

Re: Wiki does not exist

Casey Brown-2
Yes, I agree, I have been trying to get this updated for months. :)  But no
one seems to know *how* to update it.  Maybe we should just ask some really
smart techy guy like Brion. :-P

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

Re: Wiki does not exist

Brion Vibber-3
Casey Brown wrote:
> Yes, I agree, I have been trying to get this updated for months. :)  But no
> one seems to know *how* to update it.  Maybe we should just ask some really
> smart techy guy like Brion. :-P

Put it in the queue:

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)

Re: Wiki does not exist

Minh Nguyen-2
Brion Vibber wrote:

> Casey Brown wrote:
>> Yes, I agree, I have been trying to get this updated for months. :)  But no
>> one seems to know *how* to update it.  Maybe we should just ask some really
>> smart techy guy like Brion. :-P
>
> Put it in the queue:
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)

Would it be feasible to integrate the page with Meta, similar to how
<http://www.wikipedia.org/> takes its code from [[m:Www.wikipedia.org
template]]? I figure it could then be rewritten to replace the language
listing with the logos of each project and a "wiki doesn't exist"
message in several languages, for good measure. This page wouldn't get
updated as frequently as the project portals, but Meta admins probably
have more time on their hands for maintaining pages like these than the
busy developers do. :)

--
Minh Nguyen <[hidden email]>
[[en:User:Mxn]] [[vi:User:Mxn]] [[m:User:Mxn]]