Wiki markup vs. html tags

Alex Brollo
I'd like to replace usual wiki markup ''...'' and '''...''' for italic and
bold with well-formed - even if deprecated - html tags <i>...</i> and
<b>...</b>. Is there any serious issue dealing with server load, or
safety/compatibility/other?

And - generally speaking - is there any project to convert wiki markup into
a well-formed one?
I presume that there're lots of talks about, I'd like to be simply addessed
to the best ones from them.

Alex

Re: Wiki markup vs. html tags

Platonides
On 21/02/12 23:48, Alex Brollo wrote:
> I'd like to replace usual wiki markup ''...'' and '''...''' for italic and
> bold with well-formed - even if deprecated - html tags <i>...</i> and
> <b>...</b>. Is there any serious issue dealing with server load, or
> safety/compatibility/other?

No.

> And - generally speaking - is there any project to convert wiki markup into
> a well-formed one?
> I presume that there're lots of talks about, I'd like to be simply addessed
> to the best ones from them.
>
> Alex

Re: Wiki markup vs. html tags

Alex Brollo
Thanks Platonides - it's rewarding to find that I'm not so crazy. :-)
I'll subscribe wikitext-l, I saw a recent, incouraging contribution about
wiki markup .... just my dream too.

Alex