WikiConference USA, 2015

Kevin Rutherford
Hello Fellow Wikimedians,

Although WikiConference USA is right behind us, it is time to start looking towards who will host the conference next year. Hosting the conference in Boston is one such possibility, but I was wondering if any other groups would be interested, since it would be nice to move the conference out of the Northeast and possibly have it in other regions of the United States in the coming years.

I would love to hear what everyone else thinks about this though, especially since it would be nice to have everyone on the same page.

Kevin Rutherford

Re: WikiConference USA, 2015

Jeremy Baron

On Jul 10, 2014 1:12 AM, "Pine W" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What about asking WMF to host it in San Francisco?

How about further north?

I was thinking reuse the debconf14.debconf.org venue/research/etc.

-Jeremy

Re: WikiConference USA, 2015

Pine W
Sure, organizing the event to take place alongside an existing event makes sense to me if the logistics work out, and Portland is as good a place as any.

Pine

On Jul 10, 2014 1:20 AM, "Pine W" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sure, organizing the event to take place alongside an existing event makes sense to me if the logistics work out, and Portland is as good a place as any.

I didn't mean at the same time as.

Just figured DebConf would produce lots of notes/docs/contacts and we could use some of those.

-Jeremy

Re: WikiConference USA, 2015

Kevin Rutherford
Just so people know, we actually talked with the Cascadia people in June, and there was an indication that they didn’t want to organize it this time around, so that is why we are offering to host it.

Kevin

Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Wikimediaus-l] WikiConference USA, 2015