[WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Parker Peters-2
I'm amazed.

I'll be writing in-depth responses to a few people shortly, but I'm amazed
at everything that happens when I just go away for a few days.

Parker
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Earle Martin
On 31/01/07, Parker Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm amazed at everything that happens when I just go away for a few days.

Nobody else is. Despite what you may think, the project does not
revolve around you.

(Now I have to go say a bunch of "Hail Wiki"s as my penance for
responding to a troll.)

--
Earle Martin
            http://downlode.org/
http://purl.org/net/earlemartin/

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

MacGyverMagic/Mgm
In reply to this post by Parker Peters-2
I don't know how long you've been gone, but last week seems to have been
relatively calm.

Mgm


On 1/31/07, Parker Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> I'm amazed.
>
> I'll be writing in-depth responses to a few people shortly, but I'm amazed
> at everything that happens when I just go away for a few days.
>
> Parker
> _______________________________________________
> WikiEN-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
>
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Guy Chapman aka JzG
In reply to this post by Earle Martin
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:36:16 +0000, "Earle Martin"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I'm amazed at everything that happens when I just go away for a few days.

>Nobody else is. Despite what you may think, the project does not
>revolve around you.

I thought "Parker" was supposed to be going away for ever?  He was on
moderation for a while, why has the new address not been added to mod
I wonder?

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG


_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Michael Bimmler
On 2/1/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:36:16 +0000, "Earle Martin"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >> I'm amazed at everything that happens when I just go away for a few days.
>
> >Nobody else is. Despite what you may think, the project does not
> >revolve around you.
>
> I thought "Parker" was supposed to be going away for ever?  He was on
> moderation for a while, why has the new address not been added to mod
> I wonder?
>
Definition of "Moderation" (in Mailman context):
The posts of the user are held for moderation by a list moderator who
decides whether he approved, rejects or discards them. It does *not*
mean, that the user cannot anymore submit any posts to the list.
This means, even if the user is moderated, the list moderators are
(probably) likely to approve his mails, if they are not flaming /
inappropriate.

Michael

> Guy (JzG)
> --
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> WikiEN-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
>

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Guy Chapman aka JzG
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:31:23 +0100, "Michael Bimmler"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>This means, even if the user is moderated, the list moderators are
>(probably) likely to approve his mails, if they are not flaming /
>inappropriate.

All his messages are flaming inappropriate! I have him killfiled,
mind, but it's obvious that his "leaving" was (as so often) a
statement that in his mind Wikipedia can't possibly do without him.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG


_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Rich Holton
Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:31:23 +0100, "Michael Bimmler"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This means, even if the user is moderated, the list moderators are
>> (probably) likely to approve his mails, if they are not flaming /
>> inappropriate.
>
> All his messages are flaming inappropriate! I have him killfiled,
> mind, but it's obvious that his "leaving" was (as so often) a
> statement that in his mind Wikipedia can't possibly do without him.
>
> Guy (JzG)

Just my opinion, but the repeated posts about his posts are starting to
become quite tiresome.

-Rich

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Parker Peters-2
On 2/1/07, Rich Holton <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:31:23 +0100, "Michael Bimmler"
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> This means, even if the user is moderated, the list moderators are
> >> (probably) likely to approve his mails, if they are not flaming /
> >> inappropriate.
> >
> > All his messages are flaming inappropriate! I have him killfiled,
> > mind, but it's obvious that his "leaving" was (as so often) a
> > statement that in his mind Wikipedia can't possibly do without him.
> >
> > Guy (JzG)
>
> Just my opinion, but the repeated posts about his posts are starting to
> become quite tiresome.
>
> -Rich




I find it annoying to have him constantly trying to troll me and flame me,
too.


Parker
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Alphax (Wikipedia email)
In reply to this post by Guy Chapman aka JzG
Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:36:16 +0000, "Earle Martin"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> I'm amazed at everything that happens when I just go away for a few days.
>
>> Nobody else is. Despite what you may think, the project does not
>> revolve around you.
>
> I thought "Parker" was supposed to be going away for ever?  He was on
> moderation for a while, why has the new address not been added to mod
> I wonder?
>
He IS on moderation, and if you continue to flame him, you will be too.

--
Alphax - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax
Contributor to Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
"We make the internet not suck" - Jimbo Wales
Public key: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax/OpenPGP


_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l

signature.asc (554 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Mark Ryan
"Moderation" = "we screen the person's emails and if they aren't up to
scratch we reject them". Not "we make the person go away forever",
though if their emails are consistently substandard then that's what
the ultimate effect is.

~Mark Ryan

On 02/02/07, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:36:16 +0000, "Earle Martin"
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >>> I'm amazed at everything that happens when I just go away for a few days.
> >
> >> Nobody else is. Despite what you may think, the project does not
> >> revolve around you.
> >
> > I thought "Parker" was supposed to be going away for ever?  He was on
> > moderation for a while, why has the new address not been added to mod
> > I wonder?
> >
>
> He IS on moderation, and if you continue to flame him, you will be too.
>
> --
> Alphax - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax
> Contributor to Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
> "We make the internet not suck" - Jimbo Wales
> Public key: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax/OpenPGP
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> WikiEN-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Sean Black-2
Regardless, I don't understand why this unproductive, unhelpful, and
baiting post from a user with a history of trolling (to put it
lightly...) was allowed through.

~~Sean

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Parker Peters-2
Because:

- It wasn't unproductive.
- It wasn't unhelpful.
- It wasn't baiting.

Now quit trying to troll me. I know you think it's a fun game to try to kick
people when they're down, but you're just proving what a troll you yourself
are.

Parker

On 2/2/07, Sean Black <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Regardless, I don't understand why this unproductive, unhelpful, and
> baiting post from a user with a history of trolling (to put it
> lightly...) was allowed through.
>
> ~~Sean
>
> _______________________________________________
> WikiEN-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
>
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Joshua Brady
In reply to this post by Sean Black-2
Wasn't procmail invented for this reason? If you don't want to see a
persons email, just procmail it.

- Josh

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Jordan Turner
In reply to this post by Sean Black-2
Does it have something to do with the fact that he changed e-mail
addresses after January 10, when he (presumably) was put on moderation
after the "bob" incident?

-- Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu-

Sean Black wrote:

> Regardless, I don't understand why this unproductive, unhelpful, and
> baiting post from a user with a history of trolling (to put it
> lightly...) was allowed through.
>
> ~~Sean
>
> _______________________________________________
> WikiEN-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
>
>  



_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

David Gerard-2
In reply to this post by Parker Peters-2
On 03/02/07, Parker Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now quit trying to troll me. I know you think it's a fun game to try to kick
> people when they're down, but you're just proving what a troll you yourself
> are.


Don't push it.


- d.

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Parker Peters-2
In reply to this post by Jordan Turner
Tariq,

I "changed" email addresses because I was told that the database tables
related to my account were beyond repair and had to be deleted. This was the
whole cause of the "bob" incident, despite whatever sinister motives you
want to try to read into a problem purely created by a data storage medium
somewhere going bad.

Are you having fun trying to troll me?

Parker

On 2/3/07, Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu- <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Does it have something to do with the fact that he changed e-mail
> addresses after January 10, when he (presumably) was put on moderation
> after the "bob" incident?
>
> -- Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu-
>
> Sean Black wrote:
> > Regardless, I don't understand why this unproductive, unhelpful, and
> > baiting post from a user with a history of trolling (to put it
> > lightly...) was allowed through.
> >
> > ~~Sean
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > WikiEN-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
> >
> >
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> WikiEN-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
>
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Kurt Maxwell Weber
In reply to this post by David Gerard-2
On Saturday 03 February 2007 13:25, David Gerard wrote:
> On 03/02/07, Parker Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Now quit trying to troll me. I know you think it's a fun game to try to
> > kick people when they're down, but you're just proving what a troll you
> > yourself are.
>
> Don't push it.

Well, he's right.

All he does is make a simple observation on how things have picked up and for
no reason everyone jumps on his throat for it.

--
Kurt Weber
<[hidden email]>

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

David Gerard-2
In reply to this post by Parker Peters-2
On 03/02/07, Parker Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I "changed" email addresses because I was told that the database tables
> related to my account were beyond repair and had to be deleted. This was the
> whole cause of the "bob" incident, despite whatever sinister motives you
> want to try to read into a problem purely created by a data storage medium
> somewhere going bad.


This is transparent rubbish. Google told you no such thing.

Could people please stop responding to the obviously idiotic bits of
Parker's posts henceforth? Restraint. He's on thin ice as is, and is
only allowed on in the hope he'll earn his way back up to zero through
quality and thought-provoking posts.


- d.

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

Kurt Maxwell Weber
On Sunday 04 February 2007 07:59, David Gerard wrote:
>
> This is transparent rubbish. Google told you no such thing.

You know this because...

--
Kurt Weber
<[hidden email]>

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [WikiEN-l] I go away for a few days and all this happens?

geni
On 2/4/07, Kurt Maxwell Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sunday 04 February 2007 07:59, David Gerard wrote:
> >
> > This is transparent rubbish. Google told you no such thing.
>
> You know this because...
>

Sum total of zero reports of it happening to anyone else and given the
number of people on this mailing list who use gmail that is somewhat
odd.


--
geni

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
12