[WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Arne 'Timwi' Heizmann

I would like to nominate [[User:I B Wright]]'s current endeavour on
[[Pentagrid converter]] for [[WP:LAME]]. He keeps re-inserting a piece
of text that is completely nonsensical. He claims that it's a "literary
device" and insists that "all the vacuum-tube-savvy editors are happy
with it". Four different people have already removed it (myself
included) and he keeps reinserting it.

Timwi

Re: [WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Thomas Dalton
> I would like to nominate [[User:I B Wright]]'s current endeavour on
> [[Pentagrid converter]] for [[WP:LAME]]. He keeps re-inserting a piece
> of text that is completely nonsensical. He claims that it's a "literary
> device" and insists that "all the vacuum-tube-savvy editors are happy
> with it". Four different people have already removed it (myself
> included) and he keeps reinserting it.

I think it needs to be lame on both sides of the argument to qualify
for WP:LAME. Thanks for the laugh, though! It looks like he's reverted
it 4 times - I suggest you report him under 3RR, that should stop him.

Re: [WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Daniel P. B. Smith
On Jan 27, 2007, at 7:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> From: Timwi <[hidden email]>
>
> I would like to nominate [[User:I B Wright]]'s current endeavour on
> [[Pentagrid converter]] for [[WP:LAME]]. He keeps re-inserting a piece
> of text that is completely nonsensical. He claims that it's a
> "literary
> device" and insists that "all the vacuum-tube-savvy editors are happy
> with it". Four different people have already removed it (myself
> included) and he keeps reinserting it.
>
> Timwi

Specifically, it appears keeps reinserting a piece of text such that
the opening of the section, "The Pentode," reads:

"[Pentode? Are you quite sure? - Ed.] Absolutely. One UK company,
Mazda, produced a triode-pentode frequency changer, the AC/TP."

Just to make it clear, the interpolation "[Pentode? Are you quite
sure? - Ed.] Absolutely." appears in the text of the article itself,
not the discussion page. I don't see where he calls it a "literary
device," but I do see edit comments to the effect that "Reverted:
It's not inline discussion" and "Once again - IT'S *NOT* DISCUSSION."

But, hey, how can you argue with anyone whose username is "I. B.
Wright?"

Re: [WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Thomas Dalton
> I don't see where he calls it a "literary
> device," but I do see edit comments to the effect that "Reverted:
> It's not inline discussion" and "Once again - IT'S *NOT* DISCUSSION."

I saw the phrase "literary device" - it must have been either on the
article talk page, or his user talk page.

Just block him under 3RR rule and forget about it.

Re: [WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Nick Wilkins

> > I don't see where he calls it a "literary
> > device," but I do see edit comments to the effect that "Reverted:
> > It's not inline discussion" and "Once again - IT'S *NOT* DISCUSSION."
>
> I saw the phrase "literary device" - it must have been either on the
> article talk page, or his user talk page.
>
> Just block him under 3RR rule and forget about it.

The phrase is on his talk page, where no fewer than three editors have told
him that it is not encyclopedic.

-- Jonel

Re: [WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Thomas Dalton
Ok, now he says he's reported one of the people reverting him for
vandalism, yet I can't see any report in his contribs... I'm
confused...

Daniel P. B. Smith wrote:

> Just to make it clear, the interpolation "[Pentode? Are you quite
> sure? - Ed.] Absolutely." appears in the text of the article itself,
> not the discussion page. I don't see where he calls it a "literary
> device," [...]

He said that on [[User talk:Romanski]].

Later, on my user talk page ([[User talk:Timwi]]), he said "I don't
really care what you think. [...] The Wikipedia moderators are happy
with it."

On [[User talk:N-true]], he said "I don't give a twopenny toss what you
think. [...] Editing the literary style is plain unnaceptable and
downright rude. I was writting technical books and documents long before
you were in nappies (diapers if you're a yank)."

Timwi

Re: [WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Earle Martin
On 27/01/07, Timwi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to nominate [[User:I B Wright]]'s current endeavour on

Ideally, he would be arguing with someone called U B Wrong...

--
Earle Martin
            http://downlode.org/

Re: [WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Alphax (Wikipedia email)
Earle Martin wrote:
> On 27/01/07, Timwi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to nominate [[User:I B Wright]]'s current endeavour on
>
> Ideally, he would be arguing with someone called U B Wrong...

You mean [[User:U B Rong]]. YHBT. Nothing to see here.

Re: [WikiEN-l] WP:LAME candidate

Nick Wilkins

> Ok, now he says he's reported one of the people reverting him for
> vandalism, yet I can't see any report in his contribs... I'm
> confused...

It's ok, anonymous IP contributor to the rescue!   Apparently, vandalism
reports aren't visible to users.  Also, saying that an article isn't in
perfect shape is a personal attack.  And this anonymous user has decided
that it was N-true rather than me who has been reported, despite vandalism
reports being invisible to users.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Pentagrid_converter&diff=104198456&oldid=103869942

-- Jonel