[WikiMedia] Search in article source code

[WikiMedia] Search in article source code

Brice V
Hi,
 I suggested an evolution on french Wikipedia for the soft WikiMedia :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Propositions_pour_le_logiciel#Page_sp.C3.A9ciale_de_recherche_dans_le_source_des_articles

The idea is to produce a special page that enable the search in the source
code of the wikipedia articles.

For example, if i try to search [[Catégorie:Avion]] and
[[Catégorie:ébauche]] i get all articles sorted by the number of match.. and
there is so more examples...

Maybe i got no answer because of this evolution isn't very secure ? i don't
know.

Another example : we got the question on the french Guilde of guides ;) on
how searching some URL on wikipedia articles, because of a change of this
url by the webmaster. The Wikipedia search and google search (i think) don't
enable this kind of search. A special page that enable source code search is
imho an interesting idea to solve a lots of request (evolution proposal).

What could you say about this ?

Thanks
(sorry, my english is still so poor ;)

Brice (alias Boly38)

Re: [WikiMedia] Search in article source code

Rémi Kaupp
Well, according to [[m:Help:Searching]], the search option in MediaWiki
*does* search through the wikitext :)

For what you want to do, you might be more interested in SQL queries, see
http://www.wikisign.org/

Korrigan