Wikidata-moving

DaB.-2
Hello all,

it looks like the WMF-techs are moving wikidata to cluster s5 at the moment
(without announcement of course).
I'm quite sure that this will break our wikidata-replication; so after my
sleep I will look how the situation will be and than probably re-import
wikidata everywhere (wikidata is still quite small at the moment so that's
still possible). So expect the wikidata replag to rise during the next hours.

Sincerely,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 0x2d3ee2d42b255885

Re: Wikidata-moving

Marc-Andre
On 02/20/2013 08:03 PM, DaB. wrote:
> it looks like the WMF-techs are moving wikidata to cluster s5 at the moment
> (without announcement of course).

I wish I had already been in the loop, DaB, because I would have made
sure you had been notified as soon as it was known.

I think that's a communication failure on our* part that, as an external
user of that resource, you weren't put in the change notification loop.
I'll try to make certain that the toolserver admins are put on the
checklist of people to notify when performing a replication-impacting
change so that this does not occur again for planned interventions.

Again, sorry for the trouble this will have caused you.

-- Marc

* ('our' being a little presumptive here for a couple of days, but I've
no doubt that the oversight was accidental)