Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Amir Sarabadani-2
Hello,
People usually ask me how they can patrol edits that affect their Wikipedia
or their language. The proper way to do so is by using watchlist and
recentchanges (with "Show Wikidata edits" option enabled) in Wikipedias but
sometimes it shows too many unrelated changes.

Also, it would be good to patrol edits for languages you know because the
descriptions are being shown and editable in the Wikipedia app making it
vulnerable to vandalism (so many vandalism in this area goes unnoticed for
a while and sometimes gets fixed by another reader which is suboptimal).

So Lucas [1] and I had a pet project to allow you see unpatrolled edits
related to a language in Wikidata. It has some basic integration with ORES
and if you see a good edit and mark it as patrolled it goes away from this
list. What I do usually is to check this page twice a day for Persian
langauge which given the size of it, that's enough.

It's in https://tools.wmflabs.org/wdvd/index.php the source code is in
https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard and you can report
issues/bug/feature requests in
https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard/issues

Please spread the word and any feedback about this tool is very welcome :)

[1]: <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)>
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)

<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)>
Best

Re: Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Magnus Manske-2
Quick note: Looks great, but "Changes in descriptions" is always on, even
after clicked off...

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 5:54 PM Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> People usually ask me how they can patrol edits that affect their Wikipedia
> or their language. The proper way to do so is by using watchlist and
> recentchanges (with "Show Wikidata edits" option enabled) in Wikipedias but
> sometimes it shows too many unrelated changes.
>
> Also, it would be good to patrol edits for languages you know because the
> descriptions are being shown and editable in the Wikipedia app making it
> vulnerable to vandalism (so many vandalism in this area goes unnoticed for
> a while and sometimes gets fixed by another reader which is suboptimal).
>
> So Lucas [1] and I had a pet project to allow you see unpatrolled edits
> related to a language in Wikidata. It has some basic integration with ORES
> and if you see a good edit and mark it as patrolled it goes away from this
> list. What I do usually is to check this page twice a day for Persian
> langauge which given the size of it, that's enough.
>
> It's in https://tools.wmflabs.org/wdvd/index.php the source code is in
> https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard and you can report
> issues/bug/feature requests in
> https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard/issues
>
> Please spread the word and any feedback about this tool is very welcome :)
>
> [1]: <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)>
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)
>
> <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)>
> Best

Re: Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Amir Sarabadani-2
It's tracked in: https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard/issues/2

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:26 PM Magnus Manske <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Quick note: Looks great, but "Changes in descriptions" is always on, even
> after clicked off...
>
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 5:54 PM Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > People usually ask me how they can patrol edits that affect their
> Wikipedia
> > or their language. The proper way to do so is by using watchlist and
> > recentchanges (with "Show Wikidata edits" option enabled) in Wikipedias
> but
> > sometimes it shows too many unrelated changes.
> >
> > Also, it would be good to patrol edits for languages you know because the
> > descriptions are being shown and editable in the Wikipedia app making it
> > vulnerable to vandalism (so many vandalism in this area goes unnoticed
> for
> > a while and sometimes gets fixed by another reader which is suboptimal).
> >
> > So Lucas [1] and I had a pet project to allow you see unpatrolled edits
> > related to a language in Wikidata. It has some basic integration with
> ORES
> > and if you see a good edit and mark it as patrolled it goes away from
> this
> > list. What I do usually is to check this page twice a day for Persian
> > langauge which given the size of it, that's enough.
> >
> > It's in https://tools.wmflabs.org/wdvd/index.php the source code is in
> > https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard and you can report
> > issues/bug/feature requests in
> > https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard/issues
> >
> > Please spread the word and any feedback about this tool is very welcome
> :)
> >
> > [1]: <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)>
> > https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)
> >
> > <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)>
> > Best

Re: Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Dayllan Maza
This is great. Thank you for sharing

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 7:07 AM Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's tracked in: https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard/issues/2
>
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:26 PM Magnus Manske <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Quick note: Looks great, but "Changes in descriptions" is always on, even
> > after clicked off...
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 5:54 PM Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > People usually ask me how they can patrol edits that affect their
> > Wikipedia
> > > or their language. The proper way to do so is by using watchlist and
> > > recentchanges (with "Show Wikidata edits" option enabled) in Wikipedias
> > but
> > > sometimes it shows too many unrelated changes.
> > >
> > > Also, it would be good to patrol edits for languages you know because
> the
> > > descriptions are being shown and editable in the Wikipedia app making
> it
> > > vulnerable to vandalism (so many vandalism in this area goes unnoticed
> > for
> > > a while and sometimes gets fixed by another reader which is
> suboptimal).
> > >
> > > So Lucas [1] and I had a pet project to allow you see unpatrolled edits
> > > related to a language in Wikidata. It has some basic integration with
> > ORES
> > > and if you see a good edit and mark it as patrolled it goes away from
> > this
> > > list. What I do usually is to check this page twice a day for Persian
> > > langauge which given the size of it, that's enough.
> > >
> > > It's in https://tools.wmflabs.org/wdvd/index.php the source code is in
> > > https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard and you can report
> > > issues/bug/feature requests in
> > > https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard/issues
> > >
> > > Please spread the word and any feedback about this tool is very welcome
> > :)
> > >
> > > [1]: <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)>
> > > https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)
> > >
> > > <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lucas_Werkmeister_(WMDE)>
> > > Best

Re: Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Eran Rosenthal
Good idea, and thanks for sharing.

Ideas for improvement:
1. Missing reference - the list by itself is not sufficient to determine
whether some edit is bad or not, as there is no reference (Qid is not
meaningful).
    It would be nice to have another column with "reference" value to
compare - either different language (en or fallback lang) or prev value
2. " /* wbsetlabel-add:1|he */ " or " /* wbsetlabel-set:1|he */" should be
formatted to human readable format/removed/replaced with icon.
3. (dreaming) How awful would it be to move it to mediawiki itself (e.g
implement ChangesListStringOptionsFilterGroup /
ChangesListStringOptionsFilter [T176515
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T176515>])
    doing regex queries on non indexed summary column of recent changes?

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 6:48 PM, Dayllan Maza <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is great. Thank you for sharing
>
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 7:07 AM Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > It's tracked in: https://github.com/Ladsgroup/
> Vandalism-dashboard/issues/2
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:26 PM Magnus Manske <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Quick note: Looks great, but "Changes in descriptions" is always on,
> even
> > > after clicked off...

> > > Wikipedia
> Wikipedias
> > > but

> > the
> > it
> unnoticed
> > > for
> > suboptimal).

> edits
> > > ORES
> > > this

> in

> welcome
> > > :)

Re: Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Alex Monk
On 29 Jan 2018 18:51, "Eran Rosenthal" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good idea, and thanks for sharing.
>
> Ideas for improvement:
> 1. Missing reference - the list by itself is not sufficient to determine
> whether some edit is bad or not, as there is no reference (Qid is not
> meaningful).
>     It would be nice to have another column with "reference" value to
> compare - either different language (en or fallback lang) or prev value
> 2. " /* wbsetlabel-add:1|he */ " or " /* wbsetlabel-set:1|he */" should be
> formatted to human readable format/removed/replaced with icon.
> 3. (dreaming) How awful would it be to move it to mediawiki itself (e.g
> implement ChangesListStringOptionsFilterGroup /
> ChangesListStringOptionsFilter [T176515
> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T176515>])
>     doing regex queries on non indexed summary column of recent changes?
>
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 6:48 PM, Dayllan Maza <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > This is great. Thank you for sharing
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 7:07 AM Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > It's tracked in: https://github.com/Ladsgroup/
> > Vandalism-dashboard/issues/2
> > >
> > > On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:26 PM Magnus Manske <
> > > [hidden email]>

> > even

> and
> > Wikipedias

> because
> > > the
> making
> > > it
> > unnoticed
> > > suboptimal).

> > edits
> with
> from
> Persian

> is
> > in
> report

> > welcome

Re: Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Alex Monk
Sorry, hit the wrong button with the previous email. I got an error when I
tried this with language code 'En' (my phone wanted that) instead of 'en'.

On 29 Jan 2018 22:00, "Alex Monk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2018 18:51, "Eran Rosenthal" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Good idea, and thanks for sharing.
>>
>> Ideas for improvement:
>> 1. Missing reference - the list by itself is not sufficient to determine
>> whether some edit is bad or not, as there is no reference (Qid is not
>> meaningful).
>>     It would be nice to have another column with "reference" value to
>> compare - either different language (en or fallback lang) or prev value
>> 2. " /* wbsetlabel-add:1|he */ " or " /* wbsetlabel-set:1|he */" should be
>> formatted to human readable format/removed/replaced with icon.
>> 3. (dreaming) How awful would it be to move it to mediawiki itself (e.g
>> implement ChangesListStringOptionsFilterGroup /
>> ChangesListStringOptionsFilter [T176515
>> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T176515>])
>>     doing regex queries on non indexed summary column of recent changes?
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 6:48 PM, Dayllan Maza <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > This is great. Thank you for sharing

>> > Vandalism-dashboard/issues/2

>> > even

>> and
>> > Wikipedias

>> because
>> making
>> > unnoticed

>> > edits
>> with
>> from
>> Persian

>> is
>> > in
>> report

>> > welcome

Re: Wikidata vandalism dashboard (for Wikipedians)

Amir Sarabadani-2
Thanks for the report, Fixed in
https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Vandalism-dashboard/commit/6d326f21cb967eba7f83a0374434e4241094f8ab
And deployed now.