Quantcast

[Wikihi-l] New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

[Wikihi-l] New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

Vishnu t
Dear All,

I am happy to inform you about the selection of the new Programme Officer,
who has joined the CIS-A2K Team on August 15, 2013. Please join me in
welcoming Muzammiluddin Syed.

Muzammiluddin Syed holds about 14 years of teaching experience. He is a
recipient of Air India BOLT Award for Excellence in Teaching 2004
(Hyderabad District Runner-up). He received a Gold Medal for securing the
first position in the Diploma in HIV & Family Education from the Indira
Gandhi National Open University in 2011.  Muzammil has contributed papers
to various national and international conferences. As a netizen, he has
contributed to a number of websites which include Content Writer (
www.contentwriter.in), Journal of Turkish Weekly (www.turkishweekly.net),
Boloji Free Expressions Website (www.boloji.com), Cite HR (www.citehr.com),
Hindi Nest Website (www.hindinest.com) and the oldest Urdu Website (
www.urdustan.com).  However, his main online passion is the Wikimedia
Foundation projects. He has been an active contributor on Wikimedia
Commons, Hindi, English and Urdu Wikipedia. He goes by the User name
<Hindustanilanguage> .  Many of you may have met Muzammil in Wiki
Conference India 2011 where he was a speaker.

Apologies for cross-posting.

Best regards,
Vishnu

Re: New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

Krant M.L.Verma
I welcome!
Dr.KrantM.L.Verma

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Vishnu T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am happy to inform you about the selection of the new Programme Officer,
> who has joined the CIS-A2K Team on August 15, 2013. Please join me in
> welcoming Muzammiluddin Syed.
>
> Muzammiluddin Syed holds about 14 years of teaching experience. He is a
> recipient of Air India BOLT Award for Excellence in Teaching 2004
> (Hyderabad District Runner-up). He received a Gold Medal for securing the
> first position in the Diploma in HIV & Family Education from the Indira
> Gandhi National Open University in 2011.  Muzammil has contributed papers
> to various national and international conferences. As a netizen, he has
> contributed to a number of websites which include Content Writer (
> www.contentwriter.in), Journal of Turkish Weekly (www.turkishweekly.net),
> Boloji Free Expressions Website (www.boloji.com), Cite HR (www.citehr.com
> ),
> Hindi Nest Website (www.hindinest.com) and the oldest Urdu Website (
> www.urdustan.com).  However, his main online passion is the Wikimedia
> Foundation projects. He has been an active contributor on Wikimedia
> Commons, Hindi, English and Urdu Wikipedia. He goes by the User name
> <Hindustanilanguage> .  Many of you may have met Muzammil in Wiki
> Conference India 2011 where he was a speaker.
>
> Apologies for cross-posting.
>

> Best regards,
> Vishnu

Re: New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

Siddhartha Ghai
Here's extending a very warm welcome to the new Programme officer :)

I'm certain that with Mr. Syed's involvement interaction between the
CIS-A2K team and the wiki communities of hindi and urdu will increase.
It brings me great joy to see someone with such vast experience being
a part of indic WMF projects.

Hoping for a better future.
-Siddhartha Ghai

On 8/18/13, Krant M.L.Verma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I welcome!
> Dr.KrantM.L.Verma
>

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Vishnu T <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am happy to inform you about the selection of the new Programme Officer,
>> who has joined the CIS-A2K Team on August 15, 2013. Please join me in
>> welcoming Muzammiluddin Syed.
>>
>> Muzammiluddin Syed holds about 14 years of teaching experience. He is a
>> recipient of Air India BOLT Award for Excellence in Teaching 2004
>> (Hyderabad District Runner-up). He received a Gold Medal for securing the
>> first position in the Diploma in HIV & Family Education from the Indira
>> Gandhi National Open University in 2011.  Muzammil has contributed papers
>> to various national and international conferences. As a netizen, he has
>> contributed to a number of websites which include Content Writer (
>> www.contentwriter.in), Journal of Turkish Weekly (www.turkishweekly.net),
>> Boloji Free Expressions Website (www.boloji.com), Cite HR (www.citehr.com
>> ),
>> Hindi Nest Website (www.hindinest.com) and the oldest Urdu Website (
>> www.urdustan.com).  However, his main online passion is the Wikimedia
>> Foundation projects. He has been an active contributor on Wikimedia
>> Commons, Hindi, English and Urdu Wikipedia. He goes by the User name
>> <Hindustanilanguage> .  Many of you may have met Muzammil in Wiki
>> Conference India 2011 where he was a speaker.
>>
>> Apologies for cross-posting.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Vishnu

Siddhartha Ghai

Re: New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

Anunad Singh
I also congratulate Mr Muzammiluddin Syed for being selected as the new
Programme Officer.

Can the group know the criteria for selection to this post. (or is it given
somewhere?) I want to know this because I do not think that the 'BOLT
Award' , Gold medals from IGNOU, papers in weeklies etc are relevant and
really matter in this case. Was his contribution to Hindi wiki also
assesed? Were some other candidates also in the race?

-- Anunad Singh

Re: New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

Krant M.L.Verma
So far as I recollect I had met Mr M. Syed in the Mumbai Wiki conference.
But I was not sure that he is editing on Wikipedia in the fake name of
Hindustani languages. If he is the real man I wish him good luck and
promise to support him for the welfare of wiki community.
Dr.Krant M.L.Verma

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Anunad Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I also congratulate Mr Muzammiluddin Syed for being selected as the new
> Programme Officer.
>
> Can the group know the criteria for selection to this post. (or is it given
> somewhere?) I want to know this because I do not think that the 'BOLT
> Award' , Gold medals from IGNOU, papers in weeklies etc are relevant and
> really matter in this case. Was his contribution to Hindi wiki also
> assesed? Were some other candidates also in the race?
>
> -- Anunad Singh

Re: New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

damodar vinayak bale
 Respected Mr. Verma,

 Is it possible to evaluate the 'World classical languages, w.r.t. the Scripts and the Phonetic values? Pl. flavor.

 With best regards,

 Damodar Bale.

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:11:41 +0530  wrote

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Anunad Singh  wrote:

> I also congratulate Mr Muzammiluddin Syed for being selected as the new

> Programme Officer.

> Can the group know the criteria for selection to this post. (or is it given

> somewhere?) I want to know this because I do not think that the 'BOLT

> Award' ,Gold medals from IGNOU, papers in weeklies etc are relevant and

> really matter in this case. Was his contribution to Hindi wiki also

> assesed? Were some other candidates also in the race?

> -- Anunad Singh

Re: New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

Krant M.L.Verma
Yes! Of course.Mr.Damodar!
Indic languages have got that flavour. It's the time to evaluate globally.
Start with Sanskrit.
Okay
Krant M. L. Verma

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 5:32 AM, damodar vinayak bale <[hidden email]
> wrote:

>  Respected Mr. Verma,
>
>  Is it possible to evaluate the 'World classical languages, w.r.t. the
> Scripts and the Phonetic values? Pl. flavor.
>
>  With best regards,
>
>  Damodar Bale.
>

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:11:41 +0530  wrote
>
> >So far as I recollect I had met Mr M. Syed in the Mumbai Wiki conference.
>

> But I was not sure that he is editing on Wikipedia in the fake name of
>

> Hindustani languages. If he is the real man I wish him good luck and
>

> promise to support him for the welfare of wiki community.
>

> Dr.Krant M.L.Verma
>

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Anunad Singh  wrote:
>

> > I also congratulate Mr Muzammiluddin Syed for being selected as the new
>

> > Programme Officer.
>

> > Can the group know the criteria for selection to this post. (or is it
> given
>

> > somewhere?) I want to know this because I do not think that the 'BOLT
>

> > Award' ,Gold medals from IGNOU, papers in weeklies etc are relevant and
>

> > really matter in this case. Was his contribution to Hindi wiki also
>

> > assesed? Were some other candidates also in the race?
>

> > -- Anunad Singh

Re: New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

Anunad Singh
Dear Shri Vishnu,

I think you forgot to reply to my queries. I would also like to know the
responsibilities of Programme Officer and whether he is paid for his
servises.

Re: New Programme Officer CIS-A2K (Announcement)

Nitika Tandon-3
Dear Anunad,

You can find details of roles and responsibilities of Programme Officer in the post here.[1] You can also find details of compensation here.[2]

Regards,
Nitika

[1] http://wikimedia.7.x6.nabble.com/Wikihi-l-Vacancy-for-Programme-Officer-Pilot-Projects-Access-to-Knowledge-td5002222.html
[2] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WMF-A2K_Revised_Budget_%28draft%29_and_Utilization_Sept_12-Feb_13.pdf