[Wikihi-l] Project Tiger 2.0 / GLOW

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikihi-l] Project Tiger 2.0 / GLOW

Ananth Subray
Hello,

We are glad to inform you that Project Tiger 2.0/GLOW is going to start
very soon. You know about Project Tiger first iteration where we saw
exciting and encouraging participation from different Indian Wikimedia
communities. To Know about Project Tiger 1.0 please see this page -
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Supporting_Indian_Language_Wikipedias_Program

Like project Tiger 1.0, This iteration will have 2 components

   1. Infrastructure support - Supporting Wikimedians from India with
   internet support for 6 months and providing Chrome books.
   2. Article writing contest - A 3-month article writing contest will be
   conducted for Indian Wikimedians communities. Following community feedback,
   we noted some community members wanted the process of article list
   generation to be improved. In this iteration there will be at least two
   lists of articles a) Google-generated list, b) community suggested a list.
   Google generated list will be given to the community members before
   finalising the final list. On the other hand, the community may create a
   list by discussing among the community over Village pump, Mailing list and
   similar discussion channels.

We request you to go through these pages to know more about Project Tiger
2.0/GLOW

   1.
   https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Growing_Local_Language_Content_on_Wikipedia_(Project_Tiger_2.0)

   2.
   https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Growing_Local_Language_Content_on_Wikipedia_(Project_Tiger_2.0)/Support



We will give you more updates about every step and procedure in the next
two-three days.

Thanks and Regards,

*ANANTH SUBRAY P V*
Programme Associate
Access to Knowledge program <https://cis-india.org/a2k/cis-a2k>
The Centre for Internet & Society

+91-9739811664
_______________________________________________
Wikihi-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikihi-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Project Tiger 2.0 / GLOW

Piyush Maurya
Good to know that. Hoping this time procedure will be transparent. Ananth,
what can be the role of the user group in this project/competition or what
user group can do? Can it takes full control of this or anyone who comes
forward is welcome?

Piyush Maurya

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 12:18 PM Ananth Subray <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are glad to inform you that Project Tiger 2.0/GLOW is going to start
> very soon. You know about Project Tiger first iteration where we saw
> exciting and encouraging participation from different Indian Wikimedia
> communities. To Know about Project Tiger 1.0 please see this page -
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Supporting_Indian_Language_Wikipedias_Program
>
> Like project Tiger 1.0, This iteration will have 2 components
>
>    1. Infrastructure support - Supporting Wikimedians from India with
>    internet support for 6 months and providing Chrome books.
>    2. Article writing contest - A 3-month article writing contest will be
>    conducted for Indian Wikimedians communities. Following community
> feedback,
>    we noted some community members wanted the process of article list
>    generation to be improved. In this iteration there will be at least two
>    lists of articles a) Google-generated list, b) community suggested a
> list.
>    Google generated list will be given to the community members before
>    finalising the final list. On the other hand, the community may create a
>    list by discussing among the community over Village pump, Mailing list
> and
>    similar discussion channels.
>
> We request you to go through these pages to know more about Project Tiger
> 2.0/GLOW
>
>    1.
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Growing_Local_Language_Content_on_Wikipedia_(Project_Tiger_2.0)
>
>    2.
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Growing_Local_Language_Content_on_Wikipedia_(Project_Tiger_2.0)/Support
>
>
>
> We will give you more updates about every step and procedure in the next
> two-three days.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> *ANANTH SUBRAY P V*
> Programme Associate
> Access to Knowledge program <https://cis-india.org/a2k/cis-a2k>
> The Centre for Internet & Society
>
> +91-9739811664
> _______________________________________________
> Wikihi-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikihi-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikihi-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikihi-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Project Tiger 2.0 / GLOW

Tito Dutta
Namaste,
Thanks for the comment Piyush. Please let us know how can be more
transparent in the time procedure.
User groups and communities are really important for the project, in the
community's article list creation, or organising on-site event.
>>Can it takes full control of this or anyone who comes forward is welcome?
I do not understand this completely. Of course, any active editor is
welcome, hope the discussions on jury selection, article list generation
will be on the village pump or the community-preferred discussion place)

Thanks
Tito Dutta
Note: If I don't reply to your email in 2 days, please feel free to remind
me over email or phone call.


On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 20:46, Piyush Maurya <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good to know that. Hoping this time procedure will be transparent. Ananth,
> what can be the role of the user group in this project/competition or what
> user group can do? Can it takes full control of this or anyone who comes
> forward is welcome?
>
> Piyush Maurya
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 12:18 PM Ananth Subray <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are glad to inform you that Project Tiger 2.0/GLOW is going to start
> > very soon. You know about Project Tiger first iteration where we saw
> > exciting and encouraging participation from different Indian Wikimedia
> > communities. To Know about Project Tiger 1.0 please see this page -
> >
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Supporting_Indian_Language_Wikipedias_Program
> >
> > Like project Tiger 1.0, This iteration will have 2 components
> >
> >    1. Infrastructure support - Supporting Wikimedians from India with
> >    internet support for 6 months and providing Chrome books.
> >    2. Article writing contest - A 3-month article writing contest will be
> >    conducted for Indian Wikimedians communities. Following community
> > feedback,
> >    we noted some community members wanted the process of article list
> >    generation to be improved. In this iteration there will be at least
> two
> >    lists of articles a) Google-generated list, b) community suggested a
> > list.
> >    Google generated list will be given to the community members before
> >    finalising the final list. On the other hand, the community may
> create a
> >    list by discussing among the community over Village pump, Mailing list
> > and
> >    similar discussion channels.
> >
> > We request you to go through these pages to know more about Project Tiger
> > 2.0/GLOW
> >
> >    1.
> >
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Growing_Local_Language_Content_on_Wikipedia_(Project_Tiger_2.0)
> >
> >    2.
> >
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Growing_Local_Language_Content_on_Wikipedia_(Project_Tiger_2.0)/Support
> >
> >
> >
> > We will give you more updates about every step and procedure in the next
> > two-three days.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> >
> > *ANANTH SUBRAY P V*
> > Programme Associate
> > Access to Knowledge program <https://cis-india.org/a2k/cis-a2k>
> > The Centre for Internet & Society
> >
> > +91-9739811664
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikihi-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikihi-l
> >
> _______________________________________________
> Wikihi-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikihi-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikihi-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikihi-l