[Wikihi-l] Re-releasing Konkani Viswakosh under CC-BY-SA 3.0 (Event Invitation)

[Wikihi-l] Re-releasing Konkani Viswakosh under CC-BY-SA 3.0 (Event Invitation)

Nitika Tandon-3
Greetings from CIS-A2K!

We request the pleasure of your company at the event 'Re-releasing Konkani Vishwakosh & Building Konkani Wikipedia' . The event will take place on the 26th September, Thursday,10am - 11am at the Conference Hall, Goa University, Taleigao.

Upon CIS-A2K' explicit request, Goa University has approved the re-release of Konkani Vishwakosh under Creative Commons License (CC‐BY‐SA 3.0) to make it freely available to public and thus preserve Konkani language and culture in the digital era. This encyclopedia will also serve as one of the main sources of building and writing articles on Konkani Wikipedia (which is currently under incubation).

This is a major win for the Wikimedia movement in India. This is, probably, the first time ever a State run higher education institution has re-released copyrighted content under Creative Commons. Hope more such initiatives will be underway to "Let the Knowledge Go around"!

We'd like you to be a part of this event and help showcase Konkani community and language on a global digital platform such as Konkani Wikipedia.

Please see the link for the invite.[1] We look forward to seeing you at the event.

Best,
Nitika Tandon
Program Manager
Access to Knowledge
The Centre for Internet & Society

[1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Re-release_of_Konkani_Vishwakosh_under_Creative_Commons_License_CC-BY-SA_3.0_-_Invite.pdf

Re: Re-releasing Konkani Viswakosh under CC-BY-SA 3.0 (Event Invitation)

damodar vinayak bale
   "Konkani Vishwakosh", the very words are from "Deonagari Script". I wonder as to what may be the script of 'Konkani Vishwakosh' to be released.

   Could the 'Deonagari Script' and the 'Roman Script' be evaluated on the basis of 'Phonetic Values'?

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:46:26 +0530  wrote

On 25-Sep-2013, at 5:41 AM, damodar vinayak bale wrote:

>   "Konkani Vishwakosh", the very words are from "Deonagari Script". I wonder as to what may be the script of 'Konkani Vishwakosh' to be released.

Dear Damodar,

The Vishwakosh is in Devanagari script.

Thanks
Nitika