Wikim

Richard Symonds-3
All,

We’re happy to announce our fourth employee at the UK chapter – Stevie
Benton. Stevie will be taking on the communications role for the
charity. He has worked in non-profit communications for over eight years
in a variety of disciplines, including internal communications, press,
online and multimedia. He believes that education and access to
information are fundamental to the development of humanity.

He’ll be working from the office in Old Street, but believes in being
very hands-on and is looking forward to getting out and meeting as many
Wikimedians, volunteers and partners as possible. Stevie is interested
in all kinds of art, literature and music, enjoys video games and is a
long-suffering fan of the Philadelphia Eagles NFL team.

Over the next few weeks Stevie will be working with Wikipedians to
promote the Monmouthpedia Project in April and our AGM in the Science
Museum in early May. He can be contacted at at
[hidden email], or by phone on 0207 065 0993.

Richard Symonds
Office&  Development Manager
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 207 065 0992
--
Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited, a Charitable Company
Registered in England and Wales, No: 6741827. Charity No:1144513 Office: 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,

Re: Wikim

Bod Notbod
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 14:48, Richard Symonds
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We’re happy to announce our fourth employee at the UK chapter – Stevie
> Benton. Stevie will be taking on the communications role for the charity. He
> has worked in non-profit communications for over eight years in a variety of
> disciplines,

I am curious to know which non-profits he has worked for.

> and is a
> long-suffering fan of the Philadelphia Eagles NFL team.

Again, just curious; this isn't a misguided matter of parochialism...
is he American?

Anyway, welcome Stevie. It should be an interesting job.

Bodnotbod

Fwd: Re: Wikim

Richard Symonds-3

Stevie has onyl just been added to the list, so he's not getting list
emails. I'm CCing him in so he can reply directly.

Richard

<[hidden email]>  wrote:

>  We’re happy to announce our fourth employee at the UK chapter – Stevie
>  Benton. Stevie will be taking on the communications role for the charity. He
>  has worked in non-profit communications for over eight years in a variety of
>  disciplines,

I am curious to know which non-profits he has worked for.

>  and is a
>  long-suffering fan of the Philadelphia Eagles NFL team.

Again, just curious; this isn't a misguided matter of parochialism...
is he American?

Anyway, welcome Stevie. It should be an interesting job.

Bodnotbod

Re: Wikim

Katie Chan
On 19/03/2012 14:48, Richard Symonds wrote:

> All,
>
> We’re happy to announce our fourth employee at the UK chapter – Stevie
> Benton. Stevie will be taking on the communications role for the
> charity. He has worked in non-profit communications for over eight years
> in a variety of disciplines, including internal communications, press,
> online and multimedia. He believes that education and access to
> information are fundamental to the development of humanity.
>
> He’ll be working from the office in Old Street, but believes in being
> very hands-on and is looking forward to getting out and meeting as many
> Wikimedians, volunteers and partners as possible. Stevie is interested
> in all kinds of art, literature and music, enjoys video games and is a
> long-suffering fan of the Philadelphia Eagles NFL team.
>
> Over the next few weeks Stevie will be working with Wikipedians to
> promote the Monmouthpedia Project in April and our AGM in the Science
> Museum in early May. He can be contacted at at
> [hidden email], or by phone on 0207 065 0993.

*wave*

Welcome

     - Heinrich Heine

Re: Wikim

Andy Mabbett-2
On 19 March 2012 14:48, Richard Symonds
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We’re happy to announce our fourth employee at the UK chapter – Stevie
> Benton.

Good news and congratulations to Stevie.

Perhaps all the UK chapter staff might like to tell use their
Wiki[m|p]edia user names? Of course that's not obligatory.

--
Andy Mabbett
User:Pigsonthewing

Re: Wikim

Jon Davies
I'm keeping mine secret for a good reason- at the weekend I just
couldn't get something to work and would have hated everyone to see me
struggling!!! I like editing but am not (yet) as good at it as
everyone else seems to be.

Quoting Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>:

> On 19 March 2012 14:48, Richard Symonds
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> We're happy to announce our fourth employee at the UK chapter - Stevie
>> Benton.
>
> Good news and congratulations to Stevie.
>
> Perhaps all the UK chapter staff might like to tell use their
> Wiki[m|p]edia user names? Of course that's not obligatory.
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> User:Pigsonthewing
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK.  07976 935 986
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who
operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent
non-profit organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor
responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: Wikim

Andy Mabbett-2
If only you knew some good Wikipedia trainers... ;-)

On 19 March 2012 15:40, Jon Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm keeping mine secret for a good reason- at the weekend I just couldn't
> get something to work and would have hated everyone to see me struggling!!!
> I like editing but am not (yet) as good at it as everyone else seems to be.
>
> Quoting Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On 19 March 2012 14:48, Richard Symonds
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> We're happy to announce our fourth employee at the UK chapter - Stevie
>>> Benton.
>>

>> Good news and congratulations to Stevie.
>>
>> Perhaps all the UK chapter staff might like to tell use their
>> Wiki[m|p]edia user names? Of course that's not obligatory.
>>
>> --
>> Andy Mabbett
>> User:Pigsonthewing
>> @pigsonthewing
>> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

> Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK.  07976 935 986
> tweet @jonatreesdavies
>
> Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
> Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
> Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,
> London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
> Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
> Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
> Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent non-profit
> organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its
> contents.
>
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: Wikim

Jon Davies
I didn't know we made them - I wear Reebok. (No more bad jokes please!!)

Quoting Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>:

> If only you knew some good Wikipedia trainers... ;-)
>
> On 19 March 2012 15:40, Jon Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm keeping mine secret for a good reason- at the weekend I just couldn't
>> get something to work and would have hated everyone to see me struggling!!!
>> I like editing but am not (yet) as good at it as everyone else seems to be.
>>
>> Quoting Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>:

>>> Good news and congratulations to Stevie.
>>>
>>> Perhaps all the UK chapter staff might like to tell use their
>>> Wiki[m|p]edia user names? Of course that's not obligatory.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andy Mabbett
>>> User:Pigsonthewing
>>> @pigsonthewing
>>> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

>> --
>> Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK.  07976 935 986
>> tweet @jonatreesdavies
>>
>> Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
>> Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
>> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
>> Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,
>> London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
>> Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
>> Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
>> Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent non-profit
>> organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its
>> contents.
>>
>> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk
>

> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK.  07976 935 986
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who
operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent
non-profit organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor
responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: Fwd: Re: Wikim

Stevie Benton
Hi everyone.

Thank you for the introduction, Richard.

I'm looking forward to working with you all. I'll be emailing some
people individually over the coming days. In the meantime, if there's
anything you think I can be of help with please do get in touch.

Bodnotbod, thanks for your interest. In answer to your first question,
the non-profit organisations I've worked for include Save the Children,
Big Lottery Fund (a non-departmental public body that works closely with
the third sector), Breast Cancer Care and Asset Skills (a Sector Skills
Council). In answer to your second question, I'm British - but I've
always loved American football! If anyone else has any questions, I'm
more than happy to respond.

Best wishes,

Stevie

--
Stevie Benton
Communications Organiser

On 19/03/2012 15:13, Richard Symonds wrote:

> Stevie has onyl just been added to the list, so he's not getting list
> emails. I'm CCing him in so he can reply directly.
>
> Richard
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 14:48, Richard Symonds
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>>  We’re happy to announce our fourth employee at the UK chapter – Stevie
>>  Benton. Stevie will be taking on the communications role for the
>> charity. He
>>  has worked in non-profit communications for over eight years in a
>> variety of
>>  disciplines,
>
> I am curious to know which non-profits he has worked for.
>
>>  and is a
>>  long-suffering fan of the Philadelphia Eagles NFL team.
>
> Again, just curious; this isn't a misguided matter of parochialism...
> is he American?
>
> Anyway, welcome Stevie. It should be an interesting job.
>
> Bodnotbod

Re: Wikim

Gordon Joly
On 19/03/2012 15:50, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> If only you knew some good Wikipedia trainers...;-)

Funny you should say that! Any volunteers to help out on 30th March?

http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Geological_Society_workshop

In Central London, all day....

Gordo

--