Wikimania 2006 scholarships available; early registration notes

Wikimania 2006 scholarships available; early registration notes

metasj
Dear all,

Some scholarships (and visa support) will be available for community
members hoping to attend Wikimania.  Please apply or encourage
suitable people you know to apply.  Details available here :

http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships

Early registration for the conference will be open through July 9; so
sign up before then if you are planning to attend.

http://wm06reg.wikimedia.org/

Hacking Days registration is separate (please register for the normal
conference first; if only coming to hacking days, you might want to
write to [hidden email] and explain).

http://wm06reg.wikimedia.org/hacker/register

There will be a sitewide notice about Wikimania this week as well; you
can help translate it here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/Wikimania/June_notice

And comment on the implementation of the notice here:
 http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-June/007382.html
 http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-June/007876.html

Looking forward to August,
    SJ

PS - As the program is finalized, you will be able to find out more
about speakers and presenters from the conference site (which still
needs work...) :
http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Program
http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proceedings:Index

Feel free to add comments and questions for presenters on those talk
pages; and ideas for open discussions at the conference here:
http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Program_ideas

Re: Wikimania 2006 scholarships available; early registration notes

OTA Takashi-2
From: "Samuel Klein" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2006 scholarships available; early registration notes
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:02:59 -0400

> Some scholarships (and visa support) will be available for community
> members hoping to attend Wikimania.  Please apply or encourage
> suitable people you know to apply.  Details available here :
>
> http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships

About a month after from the deadline, is there any information about
scholoarships application results or something like that? To be
accepted or not, that is the question. I would like to know which I
am.

--OTA Takashi