[Wikimania 2008] Call for Participation - Translations requested!

[Wikimania 2008] Call for Participation - Translations requested!

Casey Brown-3
Hello all,

The Wikimania 2008 team has recently announced the Call for
Participation for Wikimania 2008.  The page is viewable at
<http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Call_for_Participation> and
translations are requested so that more people can participate.  The
translations can be put as a subpage of the Call for Participation
page.

We welcome all languages, but we hope to support Arabic (ar), German
(de), Spanish (es), French (fr), Japanese (ja), Dutch (nl), Russian
(ru), and Chinese (zh) especially.

Help for translations on the Wikimania wiki can be found at
<http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translation>

Thanks!

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
this address will probably get lost.

Re: [Wikimania 2008] Call for Participation - Translations requested!

Casey Brown-3
I saw!  Thank you so much! /me huggles lixinso! :-)

On Feb 2, 2008 10:43 PM, HSin Sung Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> English to Chinese translation Finished !
>
> Thanks,
> Hsinsung Lee
>

> On Feb 2, 2008 10:48 PM, Casey Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
> >
> > The Wikimania 2008 team has recently announced the Call for
> > Participation for Wikimania 2008.  The page is viewable at
> > <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Call_for_Participation> and
> > translations are requested so that more people can participate.  The
> > translations can be put as a subpage of the Call for Participation
> > page.
> >
> > We welcome all languages, but we hope to support Arabic (ar), German
> > (de), Spanish (es), French (fr), Japanese (ja), Dutch (nl), Russian
> > (ru), and Chinese (zh) especially.
> >
> > Help for translations on the Wikimania wiki can be found at
> > <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translation>
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Casey Brown
> > Cbrown1023
> >
> > ---
> sent to
> > this address will probably get lost.

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
this address will probably get lost.

Re: [Wikimania 2008] Call for Participation - Translations requested!

KIZU Naoko
On Feb 3, 2008 12:43 PM, HSin Sung Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> English to Chinese translation Finished !
>
> Thanks,
> Hsinsung Lee

Thanks!
And do not forget to spread it to your community. Link them from your
VPs. Blogging about CfP may also work.

Cheers,

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: [Wikimania 2008] Call for Participation - Translations requested!

HSin Sung Lee
OK  ^_^

On Feb 3, 2008 1:52 PM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Feb 3, 2008 12:43 PM, HSin Sung Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> English to Chinese translation Finished !
>
> Thanks,
> Hsinsung Lee

Thanks!
And do not forget to spread it to your community. Link them from your
VPs. Blogging about CfP may also work.

Cheers,

> On Feb 2, 2008 10:48 PM, Casey Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > The Wikimania 2008 team has recently announced the Call for
> > Participation for Wikimania 2008.  The page is viewable at
> > <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Call_for_Participation> and
> > translations are requested so that more people can participate.  The
> > translations can be put as a subpage of the Call for Participation
> > page.
> >
> > We welcome all languages, but we hope to support Arabic (ar), German
> > (de), Spanish (es), French (fr), Japanese (ja), Dutch (nl), Russian
> > (ru), and Chinese (zh) especially.
> >
> > Help for translations on the Wikimania wiki can be found at
> > <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translation>
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Casey Brown
> > Cbrown1023
> >
> > ---
> sent to
> > this address will probably get lost.

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: [Wikimania 2008] Call for Participation - Translations requested!

Christophe Henner
Hey folks,

I'm cross-posting this with wikimania planning.

Wikimania is an english conference, meaning all the speeches will be
in english (and some in arabic).

Where's the point in translating the CfP? I mean people will have to
submit uin english, if they don't understand the CfP will they be able
to submit a paper in english?

Usually, english conference keep their CfP in english. Translating
local info etc... it's pretty usefull, but CfP I'm not that sure.

I'm raising this point to, perhaps, save some work wich wouldn't be needed.

Cheers.

--
schiste