Wikimania 2009 local bid team

Gary Kirk
If you would like to be part of a local bid team for Wikimania 2009, please reply or add your name to the newly-created bid page on meta [1] .

If you have any material or notes, contacts, anything that you didn't get to use or speak about etc in the 2008 bid timeframe please shout now :)

Kind regards,

--
Gary Kirk

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009/London

Re: Wikimania 2009 local bid team

Gary Kirk
I changed it to m:Wikimania 2009/UK as a host city has not been decided on yet.

[1] <a href="http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009/London" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009/London

--
Gary Kirk

Re: Wikimania 2009 local bid team

Thomas Dalton
> Was anything like this talked about at the recent Birmingham meetup? I was
> in fact in Birmingham that day and may have bumped into a few of you without
> realising; I was busy though. Is there going to be a writeup?

The topic was briefly discussed, but not in any detail. I think the
general consensus was that many of us aren't really sure what we can
usefully do, but would like to help out if we can.

On 22/10/2007, Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok.
>
> I thought I had explained this several dozen times, but maybe that was just
> in my head :P
>
> We need people to contact companies, organisations and those in authority to
> appeal for help - sponsorship, volunteers.
> There is a list copied from 2008 at m:Wikimania 2009/UK/Tasks which can be
> updated and added to.

You did explain it. It's just a little tricky to get started. Perhaps
we should assign companies to people (who explicitly request to be
included, of course). It's also easier to get started when given a
short list of things to do than when given an open task.

Gary Kirk