Wikimania 2014

Fabian Tompsett
Hi all,

Just a point of clarification, does 2014 simply refer to the date of this Wikimania, or does it also mean the number of people who registered?

all the best

Fabian Tompsett,
Wikimania Support Team,
Wikimedia UK,
Address: 56-64 Leonard St,
Shoreditch,
London EC2A 4LT
Phone:020 7065 0991
Mobile: 07548 103787

Re: Wikimania 2014

Ellie Young
We will be posting final numbers when we've had a chance to go over everything in the registration system e.g.,
people who registered vs. people to showed up, refunds, etc.

Ellie & Stuart

On Aug 12, 2014, at 9:02 AM, Pierre-Selim <[hidden email]> wrote:

2014 is refering to the year of the event. It would be quite a lucky fact that it's also the number of people registered.

Hi all,

Just a point of clarification, does 2014 simply refer to the date of this Wikimania, or does it also mean the number of people who registered?

all the best

Fabian Tompsett,
Wikimania Support Team,
Wikimedia UK,
Address: 56-64 Leonard St,
Shoreditch,
London EC2A 4LT
Phone:020 7065 0991
Mobile: 07548 103787

Pierre-Selim

Re: Wikimania 2014

Fabian Tompsett
OK, it looks like 2014 is both the year and the number of attendees (+ or - 5)!

all the best

Fabian Tompsett,
Wikimania Support Team,
Wikimedia UK,
Address: 56-64 Leonard St,
Shoreditch,
London EC2A 4LT
Phone:020 7065 0991
Mobile: 07548 103787

On 12 August 2014 17:19, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Andy Mabbett-2
On 28 August 2014 16:08, Fabian Tompsett
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> OK, it looks like 2014 is both the year and the number of attendees (+ or -
> 5)!

You mean today might be 28 August 2009?!?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Wikimania 2014

Andy Cruz y Corro
What's more important, today might be 2019!

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> OK, it looks like 2014 is both the year and the number of attendees (+ or -
> 5)!

You mean today might be 28 August 2009?!?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

"Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta pueda tener acceso libre a la suma total de todo el conocimiento humano. Eso es lo que estamos haciendo."—Jimmy Wales.

Re: Wikimania 2014

Samat-2
Do you have the final numbers already?
Or could you please tell us at least an estimation of the main numbers, facts of the conference?

Thanks you,
Samat

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
We will be posting final numbers when we've had a chance to go over everything in the registration system e.g.,
people who registered vs. people to showed up, refunds, etc.

Ellie & Stuart

Re: Wikimania 2014

Fabian Tompsett
Hi,

Excuse my earlier flippancy but the final figures were 2014 + or - 5 for attendance with 10,138 as the figure from teh Barbican of people who passed through, most of whom had some exposure to teh Community Village.

all the best

Fabian Tompsett,
Volunteer Support Organiser,
Wikimedia UK,
Address: 56-64 Leonard St,
Shoreditch,
London EC2A 4LT
Phone:020 7065 0990

On 21 September 2014 20:24, Samat <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you have the final numbers already?
Or could you please tell us at least an estimation of the main numbers, facts of the conference?

Thanks you,
Samat

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
We will be posting final numbers when we've had a chance to go over everything in the registration system e.g.,
people who registered vs. people to showed up, refunds, etc.

Ellie & Stuart

Re: Wikimania 2014

Joseph Fox
Honestly, the figures were actually 2014±5? That’s amazing.

Joe

On 22 September 2014 at 09:09:42 am, Fabian Tompsett ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

Sent with Airmail

Re: Wikimania 2014

Stuart Prior
Guys, just a few more Wikimania 2014 stats. No comparison with previous years, but I will look for some context.

Attendance: 2014 Total (give or take + or - 5 - this is real and not made up :-)

180 of the above were volunteers
142 of the above were performers
72 of the above were press
139 Scholarship registrations (WMF,IEG,PEG and 2014 team members)
157 WMF registrations

59 different countries represented
Wikimedians/Non Wikimedians: 1076 Wikimedia project usernames given
Community Village: 35 Community Village Stalls
18 Non-Wikimedia organisations involved in Community Village

8843 to 10138 people attended Digital Revolutions exhibit at the Barbican during the conference and will have been through the Community Village.

Gender Balance by registration
64% Male
36% Female

Media
Media Organisations attended: 72
Positive media items about Wikimania: 134
Tweets: 20,488
from 3,428 contributors
Twitter report: http://www.tweetbinder.com/rs/6bBaRAnW5S

On 22 September 2014 13:08, Richard Symonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Wikimania Liaison
Wikimedia UK
+44 20 7065 0990

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Re: Wikimania 2014

Nicole Ebber
Thanks a lot, Stuart!

Do we also have a total number of scholarships given by Chapters (if I understand correctly, the above number only includes WMF scholarships, right?)?

Best,
Nicole

On 22 September 2014 17:45, Stuart Prior <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Phone:<a href="tel:020%207065%200990" value="+492070650990" target="_blank">020 7065 0990

[...]

Leiterin Internationales
Head of International Affairs

Tel. +49 30 219158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: Wikimania 2014

Stuart Prior
Hi Nicole,

I can source all of that but it will take a day or two.

Best

On 22 September 2014 16:48, Nicole Ebber <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Christophe Henner
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the stats. Can those be shared publicly ?

--
Christophe

On 22 September 2014 18:12, Stuart Prior <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Naureen
Stuart, Cool! Glad they were all sorted! If anyone can create some data visualization of these stats that would be amazing.

// Naureen :)

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Ellie Young <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;eyoung@wikimedia.org&#39;);" target="_blank">eyoung@...> wrote:
[...]

Naureen Nayyar
Norabean.com
+1.646.481.6672
@norabean

Re: Wikimania 2014

Ellie Young

On Sep 22, 2014, at 8:48 AM, Nicole Ebber <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks a lot, Stuart!

Do we also have a total number of scholarships given by Chapters (if I understand correctly, the above number only includes WMF scholarships, right?)?

Yes.   I will ask the chapters that I dealt with for numbers but it may not be everyone.   We can encourage people once this info is up on the wiki?