Soon we will be kicking off the selection process for deciding where we will hold Wikimania 2015.
The Requests for Proposals (RfP) is being written right now, and will be coming out soon, but in this e-mail we would like to invite volunteers to serve on the selection jury. The jury will select the winning bid based on published criteria, reviewing the bids from January onwards until the final selection is made in April 2014.
This is roughly 30-40 hours' work, and is key to us making Wikimania a strong, healthy community conference that we all can enjoy. The Wikimania Committee will select a jury that is a balanced representation of the community, from a diverse range of backgrounds, sexes, languages, cultures and regions of the world.
The main criteria are as follows:
* You want to help make Wikimania as great a celebration of the community as we can make it;
* You can represent some of the Wikimedia community's varied projects and activities;
* You have some experience of community events, meetings, conferences, or want to learn;
* You have some free time during the selection period, especially late March and early April; and
* You are not closely involved in any bid (it's a conflict of interest).
If you would like to serve on the jury, please e-mail Florence Devouard (off-list) [[Wikipedia:User:Anthere]] at fdevouard @ wikimedia.org by 12 November. We will announce the jury in two weeks' time.
Please help us by translating this message and passing it on to your wiki's community for those that don't read these mailing lists.